All reviewsmountain paradisehot tubsugar shackshenandoah national parkskyline driveunpaved roadfire pitcrooked oakwheel drive carlog cabindancing bearfully equipped kitchenrelaxing weekendbeautiful cabinstar gazing at nightwonderful stayfireplace
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We've stayed here twice now, once for my husband's birthday and once for our anniversary. Both stays were wonderful. The cabin was spotlessly clean. Every amenity provided. The hot tub was so relaxing. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing peaceful getaway in the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra K
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a romantic weekend away from our busy lives and we found just that at Lydia!!! We rented the Romance Ridge cabin, a cabin seperate from the main grounds of Lydia Mountain, and it was everything we could have asked for. It was a beautiful open room with a lovely fireplace, up-to-date kitchen, king-sized bed, nice flat screen tv, and a hot tub on the front deck. We enjoyed cooking dinners together and enjoying them with a glass of wine by the fire. The cabins are very secluded, however, we could see our neighboring cabin but it was probably because there wasn't many leaves on the trees and everything is bare. I'm sure in the Fall months, you wouldn't even be able to tell anyone was close by. Even with the trees bare we felt secluded and didn't worry about peeping neighbors. The road to the cabin is very narrow and a little scary so I would definately recommend a 4WD vehicle in the Winter months.....we made just fine in our sedan in March. Everything was clean and tidy....our only complaint would be that the sheets on the bed were not the greatest. They were clean but seemed to be a low thread count which left them feeling a little "crunchy." We didn't really plan anything to do while there because we were looking to just get away and relax but it seems like there is plenty to do close-by. We did do a winery tour one of the days and we had a great time....I definately recommend Sweeley Estate Winery. It was very personable and cozy....the owners were so kind and we had such a nice time there. All in all we had such a great trip and would recommend Lydia to anyone!!!! We are already planning a trip back sometime in the Fall for our anniversary and can't wait :)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baabizzblu258
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Where to start....the musky fragrance of the woods after a rain...the sweet melody of songbirds to awaken you from your slumber...the blessed quiet of a star filled night...the privacy...the views...the list goes on...stayed here in May with my spouse for a week of hiking in Shennendoah and sight seeing around Virginia. Can't say enough about the accommodations...clean, clean, clean! Everything you need in the well supplied kitchen, all you need to bring with you is your food and drink, and charcoal if you plan to grill. Check in/out was quick and with friendly service. The king size bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of towels. Although we did bring our own bathrobes (2 were supplied, but not appropirate for my husband) - like everyone else, the hot tub on the VERY PRIVATE porch was wonderful, especially after a day of hiking. The grounds are clean, well kept and beautiful. We took advangage of the Sun-Thurs deal and it was an outstanding value. Would love to come back with our whole family! If you are on the fence...I'd say BOOK IT!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank buffalohoneys
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My husband and I were coming to Virginia for a concert in Charlottesville, but we didn't want to stay at a standard hotel. I came across Lydia Mountain, and I'm so glad I did. So much more relaxed than a hotel room.... and the hot tub was WONDERFUL! Plus, you're surrounded by forest. The cabins are very private and clean. I would love to return for a longer stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

This was my second stay , for a longer time, and I enjoyed the crisp fall air,
not to mention the changing color of the leaves on the mountain sides. My
Labrador Retriever went with me and I believe she enjoyed the mountain and
exploring the woods as much, if not more than I did.
Since I have become more familiar with the area and quiet solitude of the
mountain, I'll be coming back and will be introducing a memorable
experience to my friends and family. Thank-you for some WONDERFUL