“very pleasant,friendly staff and great food”

Lafayette Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lafayette Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 33 Bypass
Description: 2014 DINERS CHOICE- Open Table. Sophisticated Southern Cuisine. An approachable yet elegant dining experience. Named "Virginia"s Restaurant of the Year" by the Food & Wine Society. Regions top "Gourmet Burger" lunch. Wine Enthusiast award winning wine list representing dozens of Virginia wines and countless other New World selections. Located just 6 miles off of Skyline Drive. 30-40 minutes East of Harrisonburg, 20 minutes north of Charlottesville and 30 minutes south of Culpeper.
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Stayed at the inn and enjoyed a very pleasant evening. The food was great. We actually enjoyed our dessert (cheesecake with mango sauce) in our room. Our room was very nice and we were plesantly surprised by a split of champagne and chocolates upon our arrival. Breakfast was also very good and generous too. I couldn't even finish it. We really enjoyed our stay and would return if in the area again.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I was recently in town for a wedding with a lot of friends. The Inn was recommended by the wedding couple. Coming from NYC, it was exactly what I wanted--a large suite, great service, a nice restaurant, a convenient location and tons of charm. The Innkeepers made me feel very welcomed--from the champagne and chocolates upon arrival, tips on where to buy wine, a knock at my door by the Innkeeper to let me know my friends had arrived, serving us dinner late (although they were closing), arranging for a brunch for 18 following the wedding--it was a great getaway. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Breakfast, brunch, and dinner, the meals were fantastic. The waitstaff was accommodating to the max, keeping the kitchen open for some late-arriving friends, which was a kindness after a horrendous journey getting there (Friday holiday traffic doubled the trip time from the DC area). Sharon and her niece Sherrie were knowledgeable and happy to share their knowledge about the menu, the inn, and the area and happy to find answers to questions they didn't know for gluten-intolorant members of our party.
Sherrie and the staff handled brunch for 15 with only minor hiccups and much good food. The Lafayette Inn is a great place to eat and sleep.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

The innkeepers are warm & welcoming! The house is really neat built in 1840 it does take you back in time. Nothing like going to sleep on a crisp night with the fireplace going. The food is outstanding & they have a very nice wine selection. We started our Sunday with a full breakfast menu (included) & a Bloody Mary, one of the best I've tasted.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

Lovely old house in small town -food OK not great service average atmosphere nil.The dining room gloomy.It is the only restuarant in town

1  Thank julieramsay58