“Great BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I drive by this restaurant every night on my way home and the smells drive me crazy! We have eaten here three times now and I have enjoyed every thing I've eaten, but especially the baked beans. I plan on working my way through the menu, item by item. That is, if I can resist ordering the pulled pork sandwich. It's delicious.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Claudia S

Binghamton, New York
“Nice little gem and close to our hotel.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We enjoyed the ribs and brisket. Very smokey and delicious. The mac and cheese was creamy and good. The coleslaw could have been more tangy for my liking. The staff was prompt and friendly. We also ordered salads to go for our dinner at our hotel which worked out great. The grilled chicken salad was so good. The chicken was also smokey.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank yankeesgal
Falmouth, Virginia
“2nd try with this place. Not again!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Sat at the counter and got to watch the whole disaster in progress. Ordered catfish and 2 sides. The BBQ last time was OK at best. 59 minutes exactly to get my meal and the fish was cold when I did finally get it. Between the order and kitchen crew spinning in circles and me asking about my meal twice I have no idea how they stay open. Nice folks. No organization and the food is not that great to begin with.

Mystic CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would do it again”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Driving north on route 1 and getting hungry, as it was 2 pm. Spotted a small shopping center on the east side of One, and went in. Great smells, Great brisket and pork. We were treated very nicely by the manager (owner?). Service was prompt, food was excellent!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bfrench01
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Three signs of a great BBQ joint”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had to go up to the Stafford Courthouse today and decided to grab some lunch when we were done. Looking through our entertainment coupon book we found that the Smoke Pit Café was the closest place so decided to give it a try. The first things we noticed when we walked in were the rolls of paper towels on the tables, the aroma of smoked meats, and the sounds of jazz, three things that signaled to me that this must be a good bbq joint. We were not disappointed. My wife had a pulled pork platter and I had the beef brisket platter. Both were excellent and we really enjoyed the sides we ordered: green beans, greens and fries. When we were leaving we both commented that the flavors from our lunches were still dancing on our tongues. We forgot her name, but our waitress was very friendly and efficient

• Visited June 2014