“Quiet night out with the wife”

Sake Thai and Sushi
Ranked #9 of 134 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Quiet night out with the wife”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We so enjoyed the food and the servers were very pleasant. The sushi is to die for. We will make this a regular dinner place

Roanoke, VA
“First time ever we had to walk out”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went because of the good Tripadvisor reviews (#2 out of 106 restaurants in Stafford!) and were totally disappointed. The other reviewers must have been eating the sushi. We did not, so I cannot comment on that. Our food was terrible. We ordered Viet rolls and the shrimp pad Thai to share. The rolls had the oddest taste and were quite rubbery. The pad Thai shrimp was overcooked and the noodles were in a thick flavorless and gooey sauce. We took only one bite of each and decided that we could not finish the meal. I ordered the check immediately and we paid and walked out. First time ever we had to do that anywhere, and definitely the last time we will go to the Sake Thai and Sushi. I don't enjoy writing a bad review, but Tripadvisor readers need to be warned about this place. If this is #2 in Stafford, I fear what the others must be like.

• Visited May 2014
Manassas, Virginia
“Had hoped for better”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our first time visit did not live up to our expectations. The advertising flyer had an impressive menu and we looked forward to some delicious Japanese food. However, the Bento Lunch Box was mediocre at best, the Yaki Soba lunch had so few vegetables that it was very different from REAL Japanese, the Tuna Rolls and Eel Rolls were good, the house tea (green, oolong, barley) which is offered generously in most Japanese, Korean, Chinese restaurants was not free. Very disappointed compared to recent meals at nearby Asian establishments. The service was adequate, definitely cold, no greetings coming or leaving. The bathrooms were old, not very clean and poorly tended (overflowing trash bins.) Sorry we can't recommend to friends.

• Visited May 2014
Conroe, Texas
“Great little Thai place, tucked away”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We've been to Sake many times for lunch...always very tasty. But, this time we went for dinner. We were not disappointed! Appetizers of Tokyo shrimp and spring rolls were yummy. Then, on to the main course. My wife had the combination fried rice with chicken, shrimp, and beef...all very good and a nap extra large portion that would have served two. I had the Pad Pek, which was a large portion of vegetables, broccoli, green beans, and squash...and I added chicken. They will set the spiciness according to you...so I had a level 2. It was very hot, but also very delicious. While I wiped my brow many times, I thought it was excellent! They will set the spiciness all the way up to triple-four. Our friend had the seafood mix at a double-four spiciness level. He said it was excellent, too, but his face was very red the whole night. The restaurant said he was the first person to order the dish at that level.

Visited April 2014
San Jose, California
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went for all Japanese (they also have Thai) and I have to say it's some of the freshest sushi that I've ever had. Normally, even in the best places (Nobu, Blow Fish, etc.), there's something to complain about. But I was blown away by the quality of the fish. One that is similar is Blue Fin in San Jose. I'm out here on business and was thrilled to find Sake. Great/super-fast service also.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Sake Thai and Sushi? Share your experiences!