“Best Thai in Stafford” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“Best Thai in Stafford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I have tried several Thai places in Stafford and surrounding towns and have been disappointed each time. Our favorite Thai place is in Maryland, which is too far for a dinner run. So we decided to give this place a try. The place was really clean and everything looks new and well kept, which i am not gonna lie made me feel a little skeptical as to whether or not the food would be authentic or be westernized. We ordered Kanom Jeep and a Bowl of Tom Yum for our appetizer and then shared an order of chicken Pad Thai. Everything was VERY good and authentic tasting. We also enjoyed Thai teas that were fresh made. The Service was VERY good, the young girl that waited on us was very sweet and attentive making sure we were always happy and enjoyed the food. We will be going back and eating other dishes since it passed the Pad Thai test! The only disappointment that I experienced was they do not offer crispy duck! Perhaps with enough interest they may add it to the menu, so be sure to ask for it!

• Visited July 2013

Stafford, Virginia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I read a few good reviews for this Thai restaurant, so my wife and I decided to give it a try. The wait staff seemed disheveled and unprofessional, but that would have entirely been overlooked and forgiven if our food quality had been great. But it was extremely disappointing. My wife ordered the Kee Mao (Drunken noodles) which she has had many, many times at other places, and found this was the worst: oily, lacking flavor, with noodles that seemed flabby and overcooked. I don't recall the name of my dish, but I do remember being sorely disappointed. Sad, because we recently moved to the area, and I have yet to find a great Thai place nearby.

• Visited May 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good food, disappointing service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went last evening with my wife for the first time. A couple of young men were working and seemed very disinterested in providing service even though there were only us and another couple dining. I was amazed when I was handed plates for appetizers vs simply having them placed before us and our waiter never came back after the main dish was served to check on us. Good news is the food is good and it should be easy to improve the service.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve T
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Thai without the drive...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Thai House multiple times over the past few months and it has always been delicious. We had tried "other" Thai restaurants in the Stafford area and were always disappointed, so if we wanted Thai we would drive down to Route #3 or Fredericksburg.

We have tried many items on the menu and have always been pleased with our choices. I tend to order the Drunken Noodles or the Pad Thai, my husband always chooses something new.

We have ordered take-out as well and it was ready very quickly and it was just as we expected, delicious.

They wait staff are very friendly and the service is good, sometimes it can be a bit slow. This seems to have improved the last few times we were in the restaurant, as they have hired more staff.

We are so happy to have good Thai food here in Stafford!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JRS96
Stafford, Virginia
“Excellent Thai finally in Stafford!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My family and I recently went to the Thai House in Stafford VA. We were a little leary because it was anew restaurant and we have not had much success in finding a local Thai restaurant that was so delicious. We were the first customers in on that Friday evening but the place quickly filled up. I had vegetable Pad Thai which was scrumptious, my husband had Curry chicken on the spicy side. I had some of his dish also and it was out of this world! Next time I go there that will be what I order! The other two children had a peanut chicken dish and chicken Pad Thai. They both raved about it also. The service was very good and they were very accommodating with all the question we had about the different dishes. This is the best Thai in Stafford VA!

• Visited January 2013