“Really disappointed”

Hibachi Buffet and Sushi
Ranked #45 of 148 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We gave been here a couple of times. First time, everything was amazing....food, service, atmosphere. This time, must have been an off night. Food tasted like it had been around for hours. Some of it actually tasted stale. Mussels tasted fishy. Sushi was hard on the outside. Food is not restocked frequently enough especially raw oysters!!! Had to ask and still nothing. Waitress brought drink refills w/o ice. When ice was requested, we were told they were out. It suddenly appeared when we asked how are they keeping some of the food cold! Interesting. Atmosphere was bad---lots of screaming unsupervised children at the koi pond. Staff did nothing. Overall, time to find a better buffet.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I come here often and enjoy it very much. They have a very large selection of different foods and quite delicious as well. My only complaint was that when you went up to get your food cooked fresh in front of you at the "hibachi" I did not want as many sauces or spices added to my meal. Every time I go they do just that. They add too much sauces and spices. Even though my husband enjoys it, I usually stick just to the buffet, which I enjoy. You definitely get your moneys worth. Great for a large party since there is a nice selection of different foods. Everyone is happy.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Buffets have plenty of variety, we pick carefully, but enjoy each item we choose. Always eat shrimp and mussels - happily. Soups are hot, tasty. Don't usually eat the sushi. Plenty to choose from. We don't expect a buffet to be "fine dining," but the Stafford one is better than some others we've visited with friends. Plenty to eat for reasonable price.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Everything ! You get such a wide variety of foods and even "kid friendly" foods who may not like Chinese foods. You can definitely get so much to eat and love everything. The Hot and Sour soup is delicious too !

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I can sum up this place with one word... Gross. The place was hot and muggy inside (only 60 degrees outside) and smelled like a fish cleaning station at a dock. The sushi had gnats in it, not flying around, but IN IT.

Several in our party felt queasy after having the other buffet items. One in the group actually walked out and are at Subway across the parking lot.

I can't imagine any reason for returning here. Stinky, buggy, sweltering - YUK!