“Generous tastings, good food.”

Potomac Point Winery
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Stafford
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for a tasting after meandering down from DC. We were pleasantly surprised at the value having paid $10 to taste 11 (normally 12) wines. We were poured generous tastings of each and took home the glasses. Potomac point offers a variety of solid wines. I really loved the white dessert wine and look forward to enjoying their reds in the future. We also had lunch in the bistro - which was busy, but didn't feel crowded at all. The seafood pasta was good and well-apportioned with oysters, shrimp and scallops. It's maybe the first time I've had more seafood and vegetables than pasta in that type of dish. Our visit was in the winter so the grounds were a little drab, but the buildings are beautiful with fun wood and iron work. I am sure it's beautiful in the spring and fall. There's also an outdoor seating area that I can't wait to take advantage of when the weather is better.

1  Thank NoOneSpecial12
"cabernet franc"
"crab cakes"
"fun experience"

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This has become one of our favorite area wineries mostly because of the quality of the reds and the tasty cheese plate that we end up sharing in their restaurant. During our first visit, we took part in one of the tastings and found that they have a great selection of various wines, including dessert wines. Our favorite by far was the Norton, a full-bodied red. As we were told at the time, people either love it or hate it, and luckily, we're of the love it variety. Splitting a cheese plate over a bottle of Norton is a really great way to spend a weekend afternoon.

1  Thank DP79DC
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Grapes are growing, birds are chirping and people are tasting the wine. It is a sweeter red wine than let's say the charlottesville/barboursville area. Mulled wine is set up for holiday enjoyment. A lttle hard to find maybe for visitors--but just keep going--you will find it.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I had visited this winery twice before in the winter time. They have a very cozy room with a fireplace, lots of comfortable seating in their bistro. We have eaten in the bistro both visits and have enjoyed the food, especially their pizzettes. They have a separate large wine tasting area with plenty of staff to keep you going, it's always annoying to me when the tasting takes forever. Not here, they are friendly, informative and attentive. A large variety of wines at reasonable prices. They have different choices for the wine tastings at different prices. Don't quote me but I think it's $5 for classic, $7 reserves and $10 for all. I had off on a Friday which is rare and my husband worked half a day which is rare also. We decided to take advantage of Potomac Point's Friday night music. The weather was beautiful for September and we really enjoyed sitting outside in the garden area listening to the live music. We ordered their soup which was delicious, then we did the wine tasting, then we returned to our seats for the rest of our meal (of course we had a pizzette) and a pasta entree too. The reserve Chardonnay went very well with our meal. There is a friendly winery dog that took a liking to us (or to the smell of our food more likely) and he decided to keep us company at our table. The staff immediately asked us if the dog was bothering us and offered to take the dog. Being dog lovers, we insisted he stay. I was very pleased to see they take that into consideration because some people may not care for dogs. The entire evening was $88 which I felt was a good price considering everything it included: Two band covers, two wine tastings, two soups, a pizzette and a pasta entree and a bottle of Reserve Chardonnay. We will definitely return no matter the weather, perfect in all seasons.

2  Thank Fishtherapy