“Well Appointed Restaurant”

Zibibbo 73 Trattoria Italiana & Bar
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Zibibbo grape ,also known as Muscat of Alexandria .It is considered and "ancient vine "and some wine experts believe it is one of the oldest genetically unmodified vines still in existence.The vine made its way to Italy in 1773 from the Arabic nations where the name was Zibibbo. Italy had the perfect climate and rich soil for the vine.This made Italy a recognizable country in wine making.
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Well Appointed Restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Nice atmosphere and best restaurant in the area. Great place for large parties. Many in my group raved about their food; mine was good but not memorable.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Laura L

Virginia
“Do not order the steak”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have visited this restaurant several times, but never ordered the beef, always the seafood or pasta. I have always had good service and the food was always good. I ordered a Rib eye steak and they served me a sirloin. I know my cuts of meat having worked in several nice restaurants. The steak I was served was very tough. I questioned the cut of meat and the server took the steak away. The owner came by to visit me and he apologized, he said I was correct, and that a mistake had been made. It was getting late, and the owner wrapped a new steak for me to take home. When I got home it was still the sirloin?

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Peacenotwar
Sewell, New Jersey
“Excellent and authentic italian food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went on recommendation of hotel. Excellent selection of various Italian dishes. Had the lobster bisque and the scallops. Co-worker had a dish of oysters, calamari, and pasta. I had the capachino creme brulee, and my partner had a chocolate gelati covered in a coffee crumb crust. We both had an excellent glass of chardonnay before dinner. Servers were very friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend. I have found it very hard to get a good italian meal south of Baltimore, but this certainly qualifies.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bob M
Stafford, Virginia
“Southern Italian”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The owner of Zibibbo is a very pleasant man from Taormina in Scicily; the food then has a Scicilian/Neapolitan emphasis, and it is clear he works hard to balance value with menu options. The pasta quality is excellent; never overcooked, with a variety of saucing options from Bolognese to Carbonara, to tomato and basil, etc.. The fried pizza appetizer is quite good; the dough is light, tell them not to bury it in sauce. The specials are good by and large, and what is not really authentic is a concession to a concern for his customers' budgets. I have noticed a pattern of underseasoning in recent visits which can be annoying. I would let customers ask for no salt, rather than trust the salt shaker on the table.

The wine list is average; I would encourage the to broaden some of the American selections over some mediocre Italian wines.

The pricing for wine and drinks is outrageous for the area, and pay attention to your check--I have been charged for a bottle of prosecco when I ordered a glass, etc. And, as I frequently point out in these reviews, the service is really uneven, and often terrible. The bartender is agonizing slow, doesn't acknowledge new customers waiting at the bar for a table, and doesn't seem to hear service calls. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to get her attention and other 10 to get a glass of wine. The servers need to learn how to pronounce the menu items, and to understand that a good server only removes plates when everyone if finished with a course unless specifically asked to; not to comment if they don't care for a diner's choice of entree (I don't care if you think squid ink pasta is gross); and to pay attention to drink refills, etc.

I forgive a lot because the owner's heart is in the right place, and he is trying to bring good Italian food into this area, but sometimes I could just scream!!! Forewarned is forearmed, though, and it's worth a visit.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank T K
Dumfries
“Consistent quality food and service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The 4th or 5th time eating there. Owner is very attentive and waiter explains the specials very well. Good wine list at reasonable prices. Our favorite is the mussels special on Mondays.

• Visited June 2014