“Authentic German food”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Authentic German food - excellant! Have eaten there many times and never been disapointed. A little hard to find from the main road, will need reservations but completely worth the wait.

1  Thank Beverly R

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Wonderful German cuisine is served in a picturesque old building and courtyard. Even though every table was booked, the restaurant was able to accept our party of 12 with only an hour prep before we arrived. Baskets of bread were served while waiting for our food. Recommend getting the Hobrau Dunkel from the tap - felt like I was back in Munich. All of our entrees were served to perfection and our waitress was attentive and patient. A few of our party could not resist the delectable desserts and they tasted as good as they looked. This place is not cheap, most entrees were between $20-$25, but well worth it for a special meal.

1  Thank cathyd
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had the Rahmschnitzel, center cut of Prime Veal sautéed with Mushrooms topped with Rahm sauce, Spätzle and red cabbage. The sauce mushroom topping was delicious. I didn't care for neither the spatzle nor cabbage. The cabbage was too spicey for my liking. So I requested the red potatoes which were undercooked. My daughter had the Zigeunerschnitzel (chicken) which would be my choice if I was to visit the place again.

1  Thank Smoothtaz
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Enjoyed an excellent Valentine's evening dinner with friends. This was not our first visit to this fun but small restaurant. I'm not an expert on German cuisine but I do know what I like, and this restaurant is one of the best. Very friendly and helpful staff.
My Zwiebelrostbraten, sirloin steak with onion sauce, was cooked to perfection and the taste was mouth watering. Service was superb as usual. Very crowded and the tables are a little small for four people. Wonderful fireplace in dining room. Excellent choices of wine and beer. Prices are a little high, but it's a great place for that special dinner treat once in a while. Highly recommend this restaurant for food quality, service and atmosphere.

1  Thank BJB1141
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We found this restaurant to be close to the real thing, but it fell only slightly short. Please don't think that the restaurant isn't good, it is!! This is a very good restaurant. It just makes me miss the real thing in Germany. Would I go back, YES!!! We will go back, probably sooner than later. This place is very busy, so a reservation is certainly needed.

There were 4 of us and 3 different dishes. The purple cabbage side dish was as real to what we ate in Germany and anything. Excellent cabbage dish. Excellent spatzel. The potato dumpling was a little disappointing, but still OK. The portions were quite large and I actually think my wife and could have shared an entree. If you share an entree, order an appetizer as the appetizers are very good as well.

Our waitress was from the Bavaria region and did speak some German, and after the many years I worked there, I loved to hear the accent again. Go and enjoy one of the most authentic German restaurants in this area. Good wine list and excellent service in my opinion.

1  Thank 678,855