“Standard big plate mexican”

Pancho Villa Mexican Restaurants
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Watch out of the margarita up-sale. It is $14. It is a good margarita, but overpriced. They also push table side guacamole that is average at best. Overall the food is pretty good. They have a few mid week specials that are hard to beat for the price.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good selections and amount of food but only provided a small portion of guacamole. Staff very friendly.

1  Thank WanderingRose36
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

While this is still not the quality of Mexican food you'll find in Tucson or SoCal, this is still pretty good stuff. The biggest difference might be the scale on which the intensity of 'spicyness' is measured. Pancho Villa's is just a little more mellow. I do enjoy their guacamole, burritos, chimichangas, and fajitas. The service is always prompt and friendly. We will be back :)!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have eaten at Pancho Villa for the past 10+ years - I visited their first location near the Spotsylvania Mall probably 15 years ago.
I was so excited to see the restaurant grow and expand. Their food is authentic and doesn't taste as if it was microwaved like Carlos OKelly's does. I would eat at Pancho Villa every day if my waistline could support it!
I have never had a bad meal at Pancho Villa and the staff is always accomodating to my needs as a customer when I make special requests. The food always comes out quickly and hot. We always start our order off with the cheese dip sauce for the chips - it's fantastic.
You can't go wrong with Pancho Villa!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

While traveling, we pulled off the interstate to get something to eat. There were many places to choose from but we do not like to eat fast food and prefer not to eat at most chains--if there are other options. We liked the way Pancho Villas looked so I pulled in there. Inside, it has an attractive decor as well. We couldn't decide if it was part of a chain or not. I thought it was not. My wife wasn't so sure and thought it could be. (Turns out it started out locally and they now have nine locations all of which are still family owned and operated, including 2 other states.) Food was VERY good and served VERY hot. Service was great and all the servers seemed very friendly. The ONLY thing I found wrong was we both ordered iced tea and it tasted so weak that we told our server and asked for sodas instead, which she quickly brought.
I have read all the other reviews and a couple of people said they didn't like that the FREE chips and salsa came with chips that were not made in-house. So what? The chips were still good--and if you didn't like them, then don't eat them and save room for the entrees which ARE made in-house! haha Wished they had one of these restaurants close to where we live! We loved it!