“Great place for the money!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
“Great place for the money!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My family of 4 stayed there a few weeks ago. The rooms were clean, so no complaint there. They were a little outdated but that doesn't matter much to me. The gentleman that checked us in was amazing! I believe his name is Tom Brotszy, he deserves a promotion and or a big raise!!! He was very friendly and offered us suggestions on where to eat that were local places. We ate at the pizza place he suggested & loved it! He also took time to give us historical information about the area and spoke to my oldest about the local history since she is a big history buff! Without a doubt we would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Roanoke, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hotel room and halls smelled bad. The air conditioning unit was loud. Stayed one night and left to stay at a brand new Hyatt about 25-30 miles away for the same price. The two hotels are night and day. Very disappointed in the price and odor.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Susan D,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the end of June. We had stayed at this hotel several years ago and thought it was a clean, decent place, however, this stay was not good. The clerk was absent when we arrived, at about 7:00 pm, for several minutes. There was a sign on the desk stating another customer was being assisted. When she finally arrived we checked in and proceeded to our room but, unfortunately, it was not the room I booked. I had booked a king suite on the hotel's website but was given a room with two queens. When I went back down to the clerk she had a difficult time understanding that I did not book through a third party website but booked directly through the hotel's website. Finally she said the hotel was sold out and she could do nothing. So went to the room with our bags and the smell of wet dog hit us plus the room was very warm. Since the hotel was "sold out" we turned on the air conditioning hoping that would help and then left for dinner. On our return a couple hours later the room was still warm and smelly so my husband phoned the front desk to find out what could be done but no one answered. I went in to take a shower and found long hair wrapped around the faucet, yuck! My husband tried several more times to call the desk with no luck so he finally went downstairs to track the clerk down. Once again there was the same sign on the desk so he waited along with another customer trying to check in. Finally my husband went around and banged on the office door and after a few minutes the clerk came out. Her only solution was for us to move to another room, strange how rooms suddenly materialized. But it was already after 10:00 pm, both of us were tired from driving all day and I was in pjs. So we opened the window and tried to sleep. The kicker was the next morning on check out when I tried reporting the problems to the day clerk. He just handed me a trip advisor card and walked away! After arriving home the hotel emailed a survey which I completed in detail. I received a response from a GM and was told they have major renovation and retraining scheduled in the near future. I was credited back the cost of our stay which I definitely appreciate. I do hope they are going to make improvements as this was a nice place to stay in prior years.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CGL193
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear CGL193,

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Not the cleanest shower/tub but overall a decent place to stay for the night. Located in a congested area off of I-95, this hotel offers a good value -- fairly inexpensive, free wi-fi and buffet breakfast. Got the top (2nd) floor but had to lug our suitcases up the stairs as there is no elevator. Friendly staff.

Stayed August 2014
PA
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were at the end of a long road trip and needed to get off the road. What a good find! The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. Fruit and cookies were available during the rest of the day. The whole place was like a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 20, 2014

After reading other reviews, we made the decision to stop and rest our heads early on July 4th without a reservation on our drive to Florida from the Northeast. The front desk customer service representative was fantastic...pleasant and cheerful even for the early morning hour. She gave us the rate and asked if we had AAA which we did and gave us the AAA rate. We went right to the room and after checking around the room...we settled in for a good rest. Room was a little dated but everything was clean. We woke and took advantage of the free breakfast which was fantastic. I would definitely pop in to this hotel again for a night's rest.

Tammy W.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chateauguay
Reviewed June 20, 2014

You can't go wrong,going to this hotel, smile,services,quiet, cleaned,
I am telling you, go go go.
You need something the will do evrything to please you.
you fill like you get home. so if you need a room in Stafford that is the place

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family