“Don't stay in room 211.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My dad and stepmother just checked out and left town a day early b/c the room was terrible. I had booked the room after reading positive reviews here. My parents were in town for my son's high school graduation.
The king bed sagged very badly and my SM couldn't sleep. When she went to get a blanket to sleep on the sofa she found a live cockroach. That coupled with the booming bass from Buffalo Moes bar across the street caused them to only get a few hours sleep.
When they returned to the hotel this afternoon to ask for a clean room facing away from the bar next door, they were told none were available and the room would not be discounted or comped. They left very tired and unhappy.

• Stayed: June 2013
Bradley H, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear fehertyps-

I am sorry to hear about the recent stay that your father and stepmother had at our hotel. As you mentioned and as you can see from past reviews, this situation is completely out of character for our property. I assure you that your complaints have been heard and that I will personally take an inventory of room 211 to ensure the mattress is replaced immediately. I apologize that we were unable to relocate your family to the backside of our hotel in order to put them away from the noisy establishment across the street, but I assure you that we offered to move them to a new room after hearing of their unhappiness with room 211.
Once again, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies that such an exciting and memorable time in your family's life was interrupted and disturbed by an uncomfortable hotel room. This is completely unlike our property and we hope that they will look to give us another chance in the future in order for us to prove to them and yourself how wonderful a place the Country Inn Stafford can truly be.

Bradley H
Director of Sales

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a long flight we stayed in Stafford for 2 days visiting the local area. We were very well looked after and the breakfast was excellent. The reception staff very friendly and helpful in giving directions etc. The room was the usual Country Inns high standard, we were given a room upgrade without asking and the hotel was clean, welcoming and remained so during our stay.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to any traveller. The television had a great range of programmes especially the Golf Channel for an avid golfer!! The hotel is located a bit further out of Washington and the motorway traffic is bad mid week in the morning and afternoon due to lengthy road works and the daily commute. However other hotels face the same problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed one night on our way back to FL from MA. Had a small uhaul trailer on the back of our Jeep and was no issue to park there. We have a Great Dane that travels with us and this particular hotel has no weight limit for dogs, only a $25 fee. We had drove overnight and arrived at 6am and there was no issue to get into our room and sleep for a while. We weren't leaving until the next day so we were able to enjoy taking our dog to the outdoor patio area at the restaurant across the parking lot. This area had everything, from Target and Best Buy, to Bob Evans and Buffalo Wild Wings. Overall, good location for travelers, nice rooms with fridges and microwaves, free breakfast, good restaurants/bars nearby. Would stay again if we ever drive through VA.

Room Tip: Good to have a first floor room if you travel with pets.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 2 nights over Memorial weekend while visiting family. Check-in was super fast and Latrice was extremely nice and helpful. The room was average but very clean and smelled fresh. Breakfast was superb. Mary Ann does a great job cooking and keeping everything spotless. This was a great stay and an excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. The hotel staff was very friendly, the location was convenient to the highway, the rate was decent and the included breakfast was just enough for us. The only complaint I had was the mattress was a bit soft in our room, but some people might like that! We would definitely stay here again when passing thru the area.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Often leery of motel in $80 price range, but this one was a nice surprise. Clean, large rooms with refrigerator. Nothing fancy but pleasant and functional. Excellent hot breakfast with helpful attendant - Mary Ann. All staff was friendly and seemed to take pride in their inn. Coffee, apples, candy, cookies, USA Today, all free in lobby. Will stay again when travelling up I-95. (less than an hour south of Washington)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a great stay at the Country Inn. The older gentleman that checked me in was very friendly and thorough in explaining all of the hotel amenities and other places of interest in the immediate vicinity. This was my last hotel stay driving all the way from San Diego so I just wanted to get some decent sleep being that I had a terrible hotel stay the night before in Tennessee.

I was given a room very close to the lobby and I could here some foot traffic and voices throughout the night that interrupted me some but that was about the only complaint I had. Room was very clean, including the bathroom (which is big for me). Bed was comfortable and had more than enough pillows.

Room had everything I needed including shower items, wifi, cable, and other services.

Pleasant stay and the full breakfast in the morning was amazing and a nice change considering all I really had was fast food while driving and on the go. The dining area was very clean and they had free newspapers and a TV available. The woman taking care of the dining and breakfast area was also very nice and ensured everything was stocked up.

There are a lot of other hotels in the area but I chose this one based on the price tag. I'd stay here again, short or long term.

In the 5 budget hotels I stayed on my trip cross country trip, I rank this hotel no#1 because of the full breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo