“Horrible service, dirty rooms and highly overpriced”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
fredericksburg
“Horrible service, dirty rooms and highly overpriced”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Horrible Country Inn. The manager Brad was absolutely CHILDISH. I filed a complaint because they had to move me TWICE due to their rooms being FILTHY!!!!! And he had the nerve to BLAME me for his employees not doing their job. Example: I had a pet and he wants to charge me for Brittany placing me in a non-pet room??????? What kind of bologna is that??!!! They were so unprofessional. The only decent person there was Katarina. I will NEVER EVER refer anyone to stay there even if it was the last hotel to have a vacancy. Might as well sleep next to a dumpster!! I AM REPORTING THEM (ESPECIALLY BRAD'S LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM) TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will however, recommend the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jo s
Bradley H, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Stafford, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am sincerely embarrassed and disappointed with the outcome of your stay with us. Having a guest be unhappy with one of our guestrooms and having to move is absolutely unacceptable and I apologize that you were forced to go through that. I also want to personally apologize for any confusion regarding our pet policy, as we certainly welcome our guests' furry friends to join them and have a $25/Night pet fee for any guests that choose to do so. As you can see from our previous reviews, this was completely out of character for our hotel and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Freeport, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2012

At $86. one of the cheapest in area. This hotel was clean and up to date. Friendly staff. Microwave and Refridgerator. Large room and bathroom. I can think of absolutely nothing to complain about. I do not understand where other guests are rating this "3".. Compared with the other prices in the area, this place is a bargain!!

Room Tip: Room 235 was great!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank depfife
Southern Maryland
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed in this hotel while visiting Fredericksburg. It was only about 10 miles north. Check in was easy and the desk clerk was very friendly. We had a king Jacuzzi suite (Room 121). Our room was on the first floor and the frist thing we noticed was the smell of smoke in the corridor leading to our room. All of the rooms had the no smoking symbol on them as we passed, so it was odd to smell such a heavy odor of smoke in the hallway. The room was clean (including the Jacuzzi which is many times not the case). The bed itself was comfortable, however, as in many Country Inn & Suites properties, the covers are so heavy it is like sleeping with a dead body on top of you. I wish they would change this as it is my biggest complaint against the chain. The bathtub stopper did not work and the bathroom sink dripped constantly. I used the gym, which had a treadmill, bike and strength training machine. If you want to use the treadmill you have to get a key from the desk clerk (??). It was clean and the bike I used was in good working order. Or stay was very quiet and we had no noise complaints. The room, given that it had a jacuzzi, was very reasonably priced. I thought the internet connection was weak, however, I realized too late, that you have to get into it through the hotels website (on my iPad I just connected and tried to use apps and it absolutely would not work). The breakfast selection was very good and the lady attending it was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was an OK property for its price segment, fairly clean but lacked many things to be a 4 star property. If you’re comparing it to other low/mid grade properties like LaQunita or Baymont Inn it may get 4 stars only because you’ve lowered the bar. At ~$100.00+ a night, it’s not on par with the Hampton Inns and Fairfield Inns of the world. I stayed in room 210 a double/double room with a manual A/C unit.

PRO's:

• Friendly staff
• Has micro/fridge combo in room
• 32” flatscreen
• Fairly clean
• Good beds, very good pillows
• Good work area with many outlets and a decent work chair

CON’s:

• Older property means dated layout, smaller rooms.
• NO elevator, you have to manually carry your luggage upstairs
• Spartan bathroom, with bland cultured marble countertops
• Wireless internet was sluggish

Breakfast

The breakfast was average, with usual breads, cereals. A few hot choices and waffle maker.

SCORE:

I would give this property a 75/100 overall and a 68/100 for value. The property itself is OK, but I would look elsewhere in the future at this price range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Country Inn in Stafford Virginia was not that bad at all. Hotel Staff were friendly and the complementary breakfast was above average. Smoking is allowed in a few rooms so the hallways tend to smell. Very quiet and the room was comfortable and clean. However, it the hotel needs an upgrade due to age. Overall, my experience was pleasant and would return. Plenty of bars and restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Even if you smoke, choose a non-smoking room and smoke outside. The smoking rooms stink bad.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sikeston, Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Room was clean. Cookies Out front every time we came in. Free breakfast was nice. Did have problem with sheets popping off bad. Outside noise was not a problem. No pool! Price was nice

• Stayed June 2012
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed one night on our way home to North Carolina from New England. We did not have a reservation, but they were able to accommodate us with a choice of king or 2 queens. We opted for the king that was on the first floor 111.

The room was clean and fresh smelling though we noticed up in the left hand corner at the wall-ceiling junction a large black spot that could have been water damage or mold caused by water damage. The bathroom was larger than most hotel bathrooms.

When we checked in, and when we came back from dinner that was excellent Acapulco Mexican food just steps from the hotel, we noticed a stale cigarette smell in the corridor. We did not notice this at checkout.

Because we slept late, we missed breakfast.

Would we stay here again? Yes, if it were for only one night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple