WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Awfull place to stay!! Staff is terrible and location is horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Stafford

Super 8 Stafford
Super 8 Stafford
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Stafford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awfull place to stay!! Staff is terrible and location is horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

I stayed here with my family passing through Stafford off 95 and was shocked at how badly this place is in need of an upgrade. The staff basically lives at the hotel and it still is in terrible condition both in the rooms and on the outside. The location is in the back of a Wendy's parking lot and you can hear the drive thru microphone well into the night. The traffice is bad as well with people talking and doing who knows what outside your room. The lobby smells horrible, like incense and bad food and the staff (it appears they are a family) could care less. I would shop around on this street since there are about 10 different hotels that are better. This isnt worth the over $80 I paid for it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lobby, room, hotel
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank lip89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2007

Beware, you are not secure when staying here! I do not know who was in my room that night. Since then I have come to believe that the motel's staff was taking a romp in it. Luckily I did not leave my luggage/belongings in the motel room upon checking in. However, I did enter the motel room immediately after check in with the key that had been given me at the check-in desk. When I returned to my room later (about midnight) my key would not work to open the door. It was clear and evident that someone was occupying my room. Next thing I hear is someone saying "go away!" from the other side of the door. Believe me, I had not been drinking and thank God I was not alone! My companion was with me when we initially entered the room earlier and was with me upon my return. Someone else was in the room that the desk clerk had given me earlier that evening!!! I immediately went to the lobby's check-in desk and told them what I had just experienced. I was then told by the desk clerk that no one else had a key to that room, however, he stated to me that "since I thought" someone else was in the room that he would give me another room. I explained that I did not feel secure in that motel, that I would find another hotel to stay in and I asked him to refund my money. He refused to send security or even go check out the situation and then became verbally abusive towards me. I informed him that I would call 911 if my money was not refunded and then he took the money from the cash register and threw it at me. I ended up staying right down the street at the Comfort Inn, which was very clean and comfortable for $10 more than I would have paid at Motel 8. I stayed at a Motel 8 in Virginia Beach two years ago and had a bad experience where we ended up leaving in the middle of the night to look for another hotel. Motel 8 does not belong in the hotel & hospitality industry because they are running something other than a motel. I will not patronize this motel again.

Stayed September 2006