“Dirty hotel with terrible service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Stafford

Staybridge Suites Stafford
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Stafford
Stafford, Virginia
“Dirty hotel with terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I booked the largest suite available for several weeks after our house fire. After the 1st few days, they stopped cleaning the room. The hall near the elevator smelt of sewage, but we could not smell it from our room at the end the hall The following 9 days we had no cleaning service, including clean towels or trash pick up. I called several times and asked for maid service. The last night we were there the manager barged into our room very late at night, dropped off a vacuum cleaner, and told us where the dumpsters were, then said very rudely to clean up the room and leave. I did not need to clean the room because I had been keeping up with the cleaning all week. So at 1:30am I was packing my car with heavy suit cases during a risky pregnancy and carrying a two year old. I had to stay at my empty house that still had fire damage, and started bleeding when I tried pulling out my suit cases. lost the baby the next day at 2 1/2 months. I just got my credit card bill and I was charged for the week I was not there and the company refuses to give a refund on the error. This is the worst hotel I have ever been at.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
8 Thank Chris1984marie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We came from NC and family came from NJ to spend time together and visit the USMC museum. Hotel was nice, good service, ok continental breakfast, very conveniently located to the museum and restaurants. We were told when making the reservation 6 wks earlier that our rooms would be on the same floor, but at check in they had each of us on 4 separate floors due to availability (hotel did not seem full though). Only other minor issue was one room's bathtub would not drain even after having management look at fixing it. If we visit the area again it would be a toss up on staying there or trying another hotel in the same vicinity.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank usmcvet01
Greensburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed here on our trip back to Western PA from the Outer Banks. We weren't planning on staying in a hotel, but needed to leave NC due to Hurricane Irene. This is a lovely hotel, and although our vacation ended early, this was a very pleasant place to stay. Very new, neat, clean, lovely meals provided, and, most importantly for me this time, they accepted my 7 lb. puppy, who was along for our trip! She loved it too! We'll definitely be back to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank OBXGuest
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast items were not replenished efficiently, leading to overcrowding in the area as people waited for the food. The eggs are a little folded thing and salty. I understand these are typical for Holiday Inn properties. The waffle area was a mess. It was in need of someone to wipe the area down. There were no paper towels in the bathroom off the lobby and the one receptionist at the front desk was busy on the phone, so I could not tell her. It appeared they were understaffed in the morning as service was lacking.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayr09
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed here via priceline on return from Outer Banks to north central PA. Very convenient to I-95. The area was populated with many office buildings as well as chain restaurants. There was a 7-11 convenience store next door. There were a fair number of restaurants within a mile or so. The hotel itself was very neat, clean. Very nice "suite" room. Full kitchen: fridge/freezer, microwave, sink, drawers with silverware, cabinets with glassware. None of which we used, however. For a multiple-stay visit, though, this would be very convenient. Roomy bathroom sink in a nook off the bedroom area off of which was a room with the bathtub & toilet. There was a coffee table and nice couch. No complaints about the room. One odd thing, though: no ice machines. We were on the 5th floor. Not finding an ice machine (I needed a little ice for our cooler), I went down to the main desk. The attendant at the desk I found to be a little perfunctory; but upon telling me there were no ice machines, he did take me back to a back room where the breakfast supplies were which had an ice machine he let me use. Breakfast was available at 6:30. It was standard fare; very similar to Hampton Inns that we stay at when on business trips. Nothing to write home about, but adequate. Decent coffee. I was surprised to find this was a dog-friendly hotel, which was fine with us. I assume there are specific rooms that allow pets. We saw a few dogs in the halls during our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Puccini
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The Staybridge Suites was our home for almost 6 weeks. From the management, to the front desk (especially Michael), to the staff creating our meals, and the rest of the crew, they all treated us great. Hot breakfast that's different everyday, 3 dinners/drinks per week...you can't beat the price - that's 10 meals a week per person. Also, it was awesome to have a kitchen in our room. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! It's conveniently located to all the stores, parks, and to the Marine Corps base. Being a military family, it was perfect for us! We are so thankful for our time there. We met so many great people, from the staff to the guests. They have a dining area, a movie theatre room, and an indoor pool, which was perfect for keeping our children entertained. Having internet throughout the entire hotel was a bonus, too! Thank you Staybridge Suites!!!! ~ The Tetzel Family

Room Tip: Military rates, Government rates, and Extended stay rates