“Close to the base and attractions”

Comfort Inn Quantico
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice people, hot breakfast was good. Location was perfect for getting onto Quantico in a timely manner. We stayed here for 2 nights while the FBI National Police Academy class was finishing for graduation. We were back and forth between the hotel and the base quite frequently. The hotel was also very accomadating when we asked for a late checkout on Friday so we could change out of our dress clothes before we made the long journey back to Colorado by vehicle.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank velogirl93
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Quantico

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We found the Comfort Inn a fine place to stay. Clean, comfortable, good breakfast and behind the front desk are numerous Choice Hotels Awards they've won for a number of years. All well earned in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler101011
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here, and the hotel was completely average for the standard cookie cutter hotel. The fitness center was sort of terrible though. Also, the staff seemed very ambivalent when it comes to providing customer support.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jrocky08
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were looking for a nice place to stay after driving 14 hours from Lakeland, FL. We reserved a room here and we are glad we did. The room was very quiet. The temp was nice and cool, which was appreciated because when we arrived it was 102 degrees outside. Across the street is an area that contains a ton of places to eat and shop. It is also right off of I95. Bottom line, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Elwebby
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is okay.

Anyway, this hotel is kind of old. Their fitness center is average. There is only one treadmill in there, so if someone is on it and the temperature outside is freezing cold, then too bad! You're going to have to suck it up and run outside! :)

I think this hotel is kind of dark. It needs more lighting.

The good thing though, is that they give out free cookies at the lobby. Oatmeal, Sugar, and Chocolate Chip.

They also offer free continental breakfast.

Quick Tip: At the small refrigerator on the right.. there are McMuffin and Sausage sandwiches wrapped up. Not too many people know it's there. There are also hard boiled eggs in there. Put the two together, and you can make yourself a Sausage McMuffin with Egg sandwich. :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend (two nights)- to go to "Rolling Thunder" in DC. Our room was clean and quiet. The beds and pillows here matched my needs perfectly- had a great night's sleep! Some folks may find the air conditioning unit noisy, but we like our room on the cool side and it did an excellent job with that, so noise wasn't an issue. The staff was friendly and helpful- they even went out of their way to prepare the breakfast offerings early so that our group would be able to eat before we headed out in the wee hours of Sunday morning. I rode into DC on the back of my Husband's motorcycle and never had any misgivings about leaving my bike unattended in the hotel parking lot for the day. There's a very convenient gas station nearby. Plenty of places to eat across the street- but you do take your life in your hands if you decide to walk- there's a traffic signal, but no crosswalk. However there's a Wendy's and a great Mexican place on the same side of the street as the hotel, not even a block away. You have lots of choices for hotels in this area, but I think your best deal is the Comfort Inn, Stafford- I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MotorcycleTraveler42
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have to agree with the earlier reviewers :-). The staff was warm, friendly and hospitable. It was nice to see a smiling friendly face, when I checked-in and checked-out.

The price of the room was great. The staff at the reception desk over kind enough to hold my freezer packs overnight in the hotel freezer. By itself, that wasn't unusual, but they did it without a moments hesitation. You'd have to be from New York to understand my surprise at their hospitality :-).

The pool was open. The water was cool and inviting on a hot day. At the hotel, I stayed at the night before, they weren't opening their hot tub until the weekend.

Room Tip: I was located on the fourth floor facing the swimming pool on the side of the hotel. The other side...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo