“Extended 2012 Memorial Day Weekend -- 2nd Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Quantico

Comfort Inn Quantico
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Stafford
Hillside, New Jersey
“Extended 2012 Memorial Day Weekend -- 2nd Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have to agree with the earlier reviewers :-). The staff was warm, friendly and hospitable. It was nice to see a smiling friendly face, when I checked-in and checked-out.

The price of the room was great. The staff at the reception desk over kind enough to hold my freezer packs overnight in the hotel freezer. By itself, that wasn't unusual, but they did it without a moments hesitation. You'd have to be from New York to understand my surprise at their hospitality :-).

The pool was open. The water was cool and inviting on a hot day. At the hotel, I stayed at the night before, they weren't opening their hot tub until the weekend.

Room Tip: I was located on the fourth floor facing the swimming pool on the side of the hotel. The other side...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here on business for two nights in April 2012. I thought for the price range the rooms were very nice, loads of tv channels, very friendly helpful staff. The breakfast was very good with several hot items (eggs, sausages, biscuits & gravy, etc) every day. I have only two negatives to mention:
1 - The windows are sealed so that the only way to get air into your room is to run the fan on the air conditioning/heating unit. Our room was a bit stuffy which made me feel that the air from outside wasn't really making it into the room very successfully.
2 - I had somehow formed the impression that the zillions of shops/restaurants across the main road would be accessible by foot. This is absolutely not the case. There is no pedestrian crossing and it feels dangerous to make the attempt (though we did survive!)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mksmillie
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

This place isn't fancy but it is very clean. The staff here are extremely friendly and herein is where the value is. The last thing the front desk clerk said to me when I checked out: "We are here for you!" That really stuck with me.

The only drawback is the hotel pool. There is something going on with it that is not good. It appears to need an acid wash or a re-plaster job. The pool it the Hampton Inn across the freeway is green! So I guess Comfort doesn't have the worst pool in town. My first choice would be Staybridge because it is a newer property. Comfort has bigger TVs and a much better staff so it rates a strong second.

• Stayed May 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and inviting. The pool was undergoing maintenance and was not available, although I did not expect it to be available as it was mid-April. The rooms were nice. It was obvious that the furniture was slightly dated but it was in very good condition for its age. The cleanliness was on par with other hotels of this caliber. The only big complaint that I have is with the exercise equipment. There were plenty of pieces of cardio equipment however the weights were limited to one combined machine with a few of the pieces missing. The hotel obviously isn't a 5 star hotel but it is very nice for a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I was very happy with our February 18th weekend. We enjoyed our breakfast. The staff was very friendly especially the breakfast lady! The room was very clean, bathroom sparkling! We enjoyed our wedding and visit with family. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was near pool, did not even notice. Very quiet. However, I would ask not to be near pool. I...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice people doing the breakfast. Only negative i found was all cardio equipment in fitness center needs replaced

• Stayed March 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

so, this is not a "fancy" or "Five Star" hotel, but you wouldn't know it by the staff. They are helpful and friendly. I stayed here five nights for business and each day my room was extremely clean and fresh, just like when I checked in. The breakfast was good, and as noted by other reviewers, the "breakfast lady" is so cheerful and friendly. To one up it, I am staying in a DC "high end" hotel tonight and when I checked in I was not happy with the room. The bathroom was dirty. They moved me to another room, again the bathroom was dirty. I informed the staff that I stayed at a Comfort Inn for five days and even at the end of my stay my bathroom was cleaner than theirs was when I got there, haha. The rooms are spacious. Flat screen TVs. Maybe the linens could use some updating, but they were clean and in good condition, just a little outdated. Definitely stay here if you plan a stay to the Quantico area. Did I mention this place is CLEAN?!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business