“The People Make the Difference”

Comfort Inn Quantico
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Stafford
California
“The People Make the Difference”
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

This place isn't fancy but it is very clean. The staff here are extremely friendly and herein is where the value is. The last thing the front desk clerk said to me when I checked out: "We are here for you!" That really stuck with me.

The only drawback is the hotel pool. There is something going on with it that is not good. It appears to need an acid wash or a re-plaster job. The pool it the Hampton Inn across the freeway is green! So I guess Comfort doesn't have the worst pool in town. My first choice would be Staybridge because it is a newer property. Comfort has bigger TVs and a much better staff so it rates a strong second.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and inviting. The pool was undergoing maintenance and was not available, although I did not expect it to be available as it was mid-April. The rooms were nice. It was obvious that the furniture was slightly dated but it was in very good condition for its age. The cleanliness was on par with other hotels of this caliber. The only big complaint that I have is with the exercise equipment. There were plenty of pieces of cardio equipment however the weights were limited to one combined machine with a few of the pieces missing. The hotel obviously isn't a 5 star hotel but it is very nice for a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I was very happy with our February 18th weekend. We enjoyed our breakfast. The staff was very friendly especially the breakfast lady! The room was very clean, bathroom sparkling! We enjoyed our wedding and visit with family. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was near pool, did not even notice. Very quiet. However, I would ask not to be near pool. I...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice people doing the breakfast. Only negative i found was all cardio equipment in fitness center needs replaced

• Stayed March 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 2, 2012

so, this is not a "fancy" or "Five Star" hotel, but you wouldn't know it by the staff. They are helpful and friendly. I stayed here five nights for business and each day my room was extremely clean and fresh, just like when I checked in. The breakfast was good, and as noted by other reviewers, the "breakfast lady" is so cheerful and friendly. To one up it, I am staying in a DC "high end" hotel tonight and when I checked in I was not happy with the room. The bathroom was dirty. They moved me to another room, again the bathroom was dirty. I informed the staff that I stayed at a Comfort Inn for five days and even at the end of my stay my bathroom was cleaner than theirs was when I got there, haha. The rooms are spacious. Flat screen TVs. Maybe the linens could use some updating, but they were clean and in good condition, just a little outdated. Definitely stay here if you plan a stay to the Quantico area. Did I mention this place is CLEAN?!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingRaz0rback
Montreal
Reviewed January 19, 2012

While travelling to Florida recently, we slept in this hotel for a night. The hotel is conveniently located just off I-95. Every thing was as expected from Comfort Inn. No surprise.
We liked: Smiling staff, comfortable beds (that was only requirement for the purpose of our stay) good breakfast and ample parking.
No complain but a suggestion to hotel management: Blankets were not to the standard that we usually find in other comfort inns, so please change.

We will take this hotel again in our next trip to the South.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We knew nothing about this hotel prior to our 3 night stay in late October 2011. The hotel exceeded our expectations, and we recommend it to fellow travelers.

The hotel is conveniently located just off I-95. The surrounding area is safe -- 2 other hotels and a high-end apartment complex are within spitting distance. Parking is plentiful and the lot is well lit at night. The lobby / breakfast area is cozy with a nice mix of seating arrangements.

Our room was immaculately clean upon arrival. The room had a flat screen TV with excellent picture, but the remote control was a constant hassle --- difficult to increase the volume, and slow response from channel to channel.

Wireless internet service was fast and trouble-free throughout our stay.

We were happy to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. A small safe was located below the frig / micro unit. We did not use the safe, and we were not charged for it at check-out.

The room was spacious, and the beds were superb. The front desk staff were top notch --- friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

The breakfast attendant was sweet and helpful.

These are the things we did not like about the hotel (and the reason we rated this hotel "very good" rather than "excellent"):

The public areas (lobby, hallways) show minor wear & tear and look a bit outdated (textured pink wallpaper?!)

Our bathroom was immaculately clean and fully functional, but the lighting was very poor. The fan / exhaust system in the bathroom was very, very weak.

The room itself was spotlessly clean upon arrival, and housekeeping provided top-notch service throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Safe, convenient location just off I-95
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family