TripAdvisor

Big Bad W Pit Bbq
Order Online
Ranked #4 of 12 Quick Bites in Stafford
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

When we are hungry for BBQ, we always look for a small, family run place. We found this one just south of Quantico. We were provided samples of the pork and brisket to help us decide. I had the brisket sandwich and my wife had the pulled pork. Great smoke, great flavor. There is a reason you don't see any chain BBQ restaurants close by. If I lived here I would buy it by the pound.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

This is a veteran-owned business. The restaurant is small with no more than 8 tables. The bbq (pulled pork) is delicious and modista; no sauce required. They have a new side (jambalaya), which was delicious, as was the mac and cheese. Staff is friendly and very polite. My only suggestion is to work on faster service, as I waited 20 minutes for a pulled pork sandwich with two sides. To run around the issue, I suggest calling ahead to place an order. Glad to support this locally-owned business!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

Searching for that fabled "hole-in-the-wall place" with phenomenal BBQ? THIS IS IT. Having lived in Stafford since 2001, my wife and I thought we had tried all of the local BBQ. We love great BBQ and will often travel to Q BBQ near Hanover for Tuffy Stone's best. We found Big Bad W BBQ on Trip Advisor and tried it on a rainy Thursday in late afternoon for dinner. Traffic was so heavy on route 1 that we had to well pass the restaurant then turn around to join the southbound flow. We worried about finding a seat in a small place but there was only one other person eating there - although several take-out orders were prepared. We ordered at the counter and the order-taker guided us through the menu. To try many items, we ordered a pulled pork sandwich with mac-and-cheese and slaw as well as a baby-back rib platter with potato salad and slaw. We also ordered a half-pound of pulled pork to try. Along with two fountain drinks, the bill was $33, low-average for BBQ. Our wait was about 12 min and our food arrived nicely plated. The staff added a small bowl of wolf beans and two spoons for us to sample. These were wonderful and we'll be ordering next time. The pulled pork was excellent and exceeded our experience with other area restaurants. It was pulled, not minced. The ribs were amoung the best we have had. They were very meaty, tender, moist, and had a large smoke ring. The rub was at once new with unique house spices, but still tasted familiar as our preference runs toward Kansas City and Memphis styles We tried the available regular and Kansas City sauces and liked both. We left with enough for a second meal. If we were to nit-pick, we could only say that the mac-n-cheese was over cooked, but not mushy. Another rater said the slaw was bland; verdict: not guilty.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Yum yum yum yum yum. Need I say more? Everything is delicious that I’ve had. Soooo good. Service is nice and friendly too.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Although we have lived in the Stafford area for awhile, we never knew Big Bad W’s was preparing the best, authentic BBQ we’ve had! Our daughter, who lives in San Diego, CA, surprised us with a home delivery from Big Bad’s today. I cannot emphasize how good the brisket is, not to mention the baked beans and potato salad. Give the restaurant a visit, or call for delivery. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018