Hilton Springfield
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Springfield)
Courtyard Springfield(Springfield)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskhoulihan's restaurantbreakfast buffetrestaurant staffmall across the streetvery nice hotelmetro stationindoor poolbusiness centerfree parkingpleasant staydc areathe room was niceking bedconvenient locationshuttle serviceup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at hotel as a midpoint stop to Outer Banks. Location gets you south of DC and ahead of traffic. Restaurant quality was excellent. We don't usually enjoy hotel dining but this was the exception. Excellent service. Great food.

Room Tip: Higher floor was quiet and provided a nice view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for choosing us as your mid-point during your travels. We have hope you stay with us on your way back!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for a trip to D.C. and Mount Vernon. The room was great (the outside is very deceiving). The staff was very friendly and helped us in every way. Free parking, free shuttle to the metro (about 5 min. away). The shuttle didn't pick us up for about 30 min. one evening so the hotel gave us free breakfast vouchers for the next day, no questions asked. If we need to go to D.C. we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was a three night stay on business near Springfield. I generally like Hilton and this is no exception. The limitations of Springfield itself shouldn't reflect on the Hotel. For starters, there is plenty of parking available, for free. That is not always a given. The hotel isn't anything special from the outside, but then this is a business kind of area, so not much to expect. The lobby is nice, not huge by Hilton standards, and the staff very professional and polite. I had booked on-line and the only available room by that method was a handicapped room. When I checked in, I didn't feel quite comfortable with that, and changing out was no problem.
The room was nicely arranged, the beds and pillows very comfortable and all in all quite clean. I've yet to find a hotel were everything was absolutely perfect - so there were some stains where water had dripped over the side of the bathroom sink and had not been wiped off, and dust in the usual inconspicuous places, but all in all very nice. I didn't use the TV a whole lot, having work to do and also having to seek out places for dinner, but everything was functional and in good maintenance.
Breakfast was great. Served at the adjoined Houlihan's, and for free, was a wonderful thing and the free internet is not to be ignored either. One of my traveling companions noted that this used to be a nicer hotel - and maybe there was something to that, but I can only comment on what I saw, and that is, the hotel is still very nice.
Since I arrived late the first night, I also ate dinner at Houlihan's not wanting to waste time running around an unfamiliar area. The burger I ordered was delicious and the beer that came with it went down very smoothly.
The bathroom was quite small. I had to close the door to be able to climb into the shower/tub. On the other hand, that's convenient since everything is within reach. I do wonder about the towel policy as well. Every hotel, this one included has the sign up - help the environment, if you hang your towel on a rack, we won't replace it. Put it on the floor and we will give you a new one. I always hang it on the rack, and always get a new one, anyway. Not that I'm that environmentally concerned - hotels are not beacons of green thinking - but why bother with the little cards?
Last, but not nearly least, was the convenient and adequately equipped exercise room. A good selection of cardio machines, some free weights (nothing extravagant), some mats and a water cooler, but that is all I need.
The normal rates are not so great, but then, this is Hilton. The business rate was reasonable for all that was offered. For a middle of the road guy like me, not likely a place I'd want to afford without the special rates. But if you can get them, there are certainly many worse choices.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here 1 night on business. Don't let the outside fool you. The hotel was very clean and the room was great. There wasn't much to eat around except the mall and the attached Houlihans. It was fine nothing special. The shuttle service was also very nice and a added bonus. I will stay here again when I'm in the S DC area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Whenever I have to go to the southern DC area, this is my hotel of choice. Two key points here on why. 1, free wifi and 2 free full breakfast. I'm a big breakfast person and this place always suits my needs. It may not be in the most ideal location (Springfield mall across the street) but it has everything I need and close to where I need to be for work without having to get on the highway. Also the rooms are nice updated and decorated. I spent two weeks here last August and had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business