“A Great and Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Springfield

Hilton Springfield
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Cypress, Texas
“A Great and Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Visited for 3 nights and it was the best hotel I had ever stayed at. We slept very comfortably and the service was amazing. every night we came back to the hotel everything looked spotless.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank You so much! That's what we like to hear from all of our guests!
It is always a pleasure to have you and we warmly welcome you back as your travels permit.

We will share your compliments with our entire staff!

At Your Service,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Springfield is only about 15 min. from Reagan airport which is why we stayed there. The hotel is very nice, with a Hoolihan's attached. There is a blue line Metro station nearby if you want to leave your car and take the subway. (Believe me, you do!) Shopping mall is right across the street. Our room was large and contained a refrigerator which is unusual in a "business" hotel. Very nice and recently remodeled with good amenities. Recommended with only the comment that getting to it from the South is odd, because the Franconia St. exit doesn't really get you to Franconia directly. But you can see the Hilton so we figured it out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bverbos
The convenience of our location is appreciated by many, so Thank You for taking the time to make mention of it on your review of the Hilton Springfield! We are constantly seeking new ways to enhance the guest experience by way of customer service and hotel amenities.

Therefore, we listen to the voice of the guest through reviews like yours! Thank you again for your kudos!

We hope to have you stay again soon.

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Our family was looking for a comfortable hotel close enough D.C. to use the Metro but with a price we could afford. We found what we were looking for with the Hilton Springfield. The hotel offers a complimentary 5 minute shuttle to closest Blue Line Metro station. The rooms were clean and comfortable and up to the standards you expect from a nice Hilton property. Additionally, we had a connecting room for the kids, which worked out great. The exercise room was convenient with several machines available. The staff were all very friendly and helpful throughout our 6 night stay. The Hilton Springfield was a great value and a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pirate_Judge
Sounds like your stay was a SUCCESS! We appreciate you and your family choosing the Hilton Springfield for your 6 night stay. I will be more than happy to share your encouraging comments with all of our staff.

First impressions are lasting impressions, so we hope this means we will see you and yours again!

At Your Service,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I don't get the whole having a fridge and no microwave unless they want to leave visitors with no choice but to keep ordering room service or go to their restaurant or go out when they want to get more hot food. Housekeeping was good one day and bad the other..... 3rd day of my stay this one lady visibly had a bad attitude with me when I asked her in the hallway if when she had the time to service my room (because she had come to my room about 45mins prior but I was in the shower), she really looked like she didn't want to and was pissed that I asked like I was bothering her, yes the looks she was giving me were that nasty. And after about 45 mins more passed I peeked out just to see if she was on the way to my room and it looked like she was ready to leave. I was thinking really she's going to leave like I didn't ask her to service my room when she was done with the others she had to do after mine so I politely asked/said again "ma'am my room", she grumbled something and turned her cart around and came to my room. I'm thinking it's her job so is all this really happening right now.

Front desk was decent most of the time however also on the 3rd day of my stay (was there 4 days total) this LOUD LOUD LOUD obnoxious couple who sounded drunk were talking, cursing and stomping around in the hallway in front of their door and mine. Then I hear the boyfriend say shhh because he heard me take off the top lock to my door and the girlfriend says to him I don't give a --fill in the blank-- and no sooner than she finished that statement I yanked my door open to see them zooming into their room and I hear 'on purpose' banging on the walls. So to keep me from going kamikaze on someone I call the front desk, the guy sounds a little nonchalant but sends up security that comes like 15 mins later and knocks a few times but QUICKLY gives up because the couple goes quiet and acts like they aren't in there. I call the front desk to say what happened and he nonchalantly again says if they get loud again call back, I say yeah sure and hang up. So much for that.

Anyways, the driver there was one of the nicest people I ever met and was nice to talk to and was pretty funny. Room service were great and friendly and food was pretty good but one thing about the french toast you don't get much but 4 little slices and 2 thin slices of ham. I know it's hotel food but that's just crazy.

The internet I got such a runaround by that and couldn't use it for almost 3.5 hrs. I know enough about firewalls and my own laptop to know when the problem with internet connectivity is the hotel and not me. I've never had a problem with connecting to a hotel's internet before. It was a mix of things and I swear half the hotel staff does not communicate with the other because tech was saying it was an antenna not working and the hotel is trying to say it's not yada yada until 3hrs in they fix the antenna or w/e they needed to do at the hotel and turn off my firewall (which i've never had to do before) and even when I got on the internet was slow and I kept getting kicked off.

I have a very average stay at best...if I had to be near the Springfield area again this hotel would be at the bottom of my list.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns. At the Hilton Springfield, we aim to meet and exceed our guests expectations. Unfortunately, we missed the mark during your stay. Please be assured that your review has already been discussed and used a training tool in relative departments. We regret not being able to address each situation, as they arose during your stay and hope that on a future stay we are able to provide the quality of stay you have come to expect of a Hilton.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Great room - large and up to date, thankfully with outlets everywhere, even built into the top of the nightstand. One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in, and I travel regularly on business. I stayed for three nights attending a conference at this hotel and the food was good, the service was outstanding, and I was very happy! Kudos to the management and staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank FriendlyLou
On behalf of staff and management at the Hilton Springfield: Thank You so much for the kudos! It is very rewarding to read honest and positive comments as we continue to train and develop our winning team!

We hope to see you on your next visit to Springfield!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

From the outside, this older hotel looks past its prime- it's across the past-its-prime Springfield Mall.

But the hotel has recently undergone a complete renovation and is very nice. The room was well-appointed; everything about the room was in great shape. The work-out room was small, but had decent equipment and was well-maintained. The free wi-fi worked great.

The one hiccup is the attached Houlihan's Restaurant. For all intents and purposes, there is no other place in walking distance We had lunch there and it was just okay. We went to the attached bar in the evening for a glass of wine - they didn't have many of the wines listed and some of the ones they did have looked like the bottles had been opened a long time ago. But the bartender did offer to open a new bottle for us and that was well received by us. Ironically, the following evening we ordered room service from the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by how decent (and punctual) it was.

We stayed here around Christmas time and so it was an incredible bargain at $99/night. But if I were to return to the Springfield area on business and had to pay "normal" rates, I would not hesitate. Nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lebboy
RoomsDivisionManager, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Springfield, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Since the completion of our room renovations we have received many compliments in person. We thank you for sharing your thoughts and compliments about our hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I booked this hotel on priceline for $25 a night. Our room had just been remodeled and was beautiful. Two large beds with feather comforters, large flat screeen tv, fridge, one cup at a time coffee maker, our own computer desk and rolling chair, and Crabbtree/Evelyn soaps! The pool was clean and they have a life guard on duty. Best part is free shuttle service to and from metro and mall that is across the street. We are having to take my son back up to DC for a doctor appointment and contacted the manager. I asked before I took my chances on priceline again and got a different hotel would he honor the $25 a night I paid last visit and they did!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business