I chose to stay at this hotel because of all the good reviews I readh here on Tripadvisor. I was attending an intensive 8 day training class, which meant I was in class 12 hours/day, and studying at night. I needed a room that didn't have many disturbances, could be made VERY dark, and was in a location convenient to my training class.
It was everything I expected. The staff were VERY friendly and courteous. While I could hear some of the noise from I-95, my A/C unit, while not loud, mostly cancelled it out. The bed was comfortable, albeit a tad bit noisy. I found the overall feel of the room to be very warm and homely.
The biggest plus for me during my stay was the wireless internet access. I couldn't find anything anywhere about internet access for this hotel, other than the internet connected computer that was mentioned in earlier reveiws. So I called them, asked, and was pleased to find they had wireless networking set up. That gave me the opportunity to go out to the 'net and get study guides that I needed for my class.
There were many families staying at the hotel. Many were visiting DC and used the shuttle to Metro. I also saw families every day in the lobby watching the television and playing games wth each other in the breakfast area.
Speaking of breakfast, I only used it the first day. Once I got to my training class I found they had a very nice spread, so I ate breakfast at class every day. Holiday Inn's Continental breakfast was very nice. Donuts, pastry, croissants, cereal, juices, and coffee. Simple, but nice.
I'd stay here again. Overall it was very enjoyable. If you're coming to visit us in DC, keep Holiday Inn Express in Springfield in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn