“Just a geat place to stay in DC.”

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
boston
“Just a geat place to stay in DC.”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We just got back yesterday and was very impressed. We stayed here two years ago. Then this hotel was a little worn out and a ok place. But now it is a great place to stay. The property is completely renovated. The room was bright and clean. New everything from the carpeting, beds, furnishing, bathroom and flat screen television. Then. The free breakfast bar was lousy. Now it is wonderfull with fresh pastries and hot scrambled eggs and many items to choose from. The staff is kind and efficiant. Took the shuttle to metro station and driver told us about new management staff that does a wonderfull job. The owners spent alot of money revovating and it shows. There is a great Mexican restaurant around the corner. Best Mexican food north of the border and a great Chinese restaurant next to Trader Joes that even cooks your meal to order and has unique chinese dishes if that is what you want. Even has pig stomacks. Overall, a four star hotel at two star prices!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Indianapolis
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed there several times this year on business, then brought my wife there for a weekend visit. The staff was friendly and accomodating every time, and they were especially good to her.

It's larger than the typical H.I. Express; apparently it's a former full-service Holiday Inn.

Breakfast included, hot and cold items. I'm a big breakfast eater and this was a great way for me to start the day.

My wife found a Talbot's outlet store a block away. I found a Radio Shack, and a surprisingly reasonable local diner across the street.

It's a shuttle ride from the Metro stop, but they would meet me at the station if I called on the way.

All in all, pleasant experience and a good value

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I had to travel back to Springfield to make arrangements for my mother's funeral. A stressful enough trip was made as kind and caring as possible by the hotel staff, especially STACEY BOULWARE. If he could be cloned, this world we live in would certainly be a more peaceful place to live.
Thank you Stacey and Holiday Inn Express for making this trip less trying than I could ever have imagined.
Sincerely
Jim Urick - member Priority Club

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank skb69
NC
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This is the "only" hotel I stay in while either visiting the area or passing through to my final destination. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and my latest stay was the very end of August 2009. My stays there only get better. This is my first visit there since the remodel has been completed. The hotel was attractive before the remodel and now it is just gorgeous!
Finally, the most memorable and enjoyable part of my stays there was my favorite front desk supervisor, Mr. Stacey Boulware. Mr. Boulware's front desk customer service is impeccable. He is such an asset to this hotel as he continues to provide all guests with excellent service and attention to detail.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I'm planning a renunion for a group of Marines that I served with in Quantico, VA. I had requested pricing & info from several hotels in the area. The Sales Manager, Keith Moore, responded to my inquiry so quickly. He had an entire proposal drafted up vary professionally. I only heard from 2 other hotels, which didn't do half of the effort Keith did & also didn't include half of the extras you get staying here. I had to be in DC yesterday, so my husband & I decided to stay here to get an idea of what it really looked like. They're recently redone the entire hotel & it looks great. The staff all were very friendly as well. There was absolutely no disturbances even though the hotel is right off of the I-95 exit. There are several resturants & shopping within walking distance of the hotel. The breakfast included has a variety of different things to choose from. I like the idea of the shuttle to the DC metro, too. There is a car rental service right there in the hotel, so that is good as well. I definately will be reserving rooms for our Marine Corps renunion next year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Roadtrip038
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My family stay at the Holiday Inn Express with my sons baseball team. The location allow my family to visit Washington,DC during our down time. We took the hotel shuttle to the"metro" for a easy ride into the city. Very easy and fun for the kids. The staff was great, getting us around and helping us find things to do. The kids loved the pool.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Roadtrip038
ct
Reviewed July 9, 2009

In reseraching our DC vacation, the downtown hotels were out of our budget. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and were happy we did. My kids, age 4 and 8 loved the pool. The staff was friendly and everything in the hotel was NEW! It was very convenient for us to take the metro downtown every day. This saved us a ton of money since we didn't have to pay the $30+ dollars a day for parking down town.
I don't know what it was like before, but it is wonderful now. I would recommend it again and agin for families and will probably book it on my next DC business trip becasue I felt so safe and teh staff was so friendly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family