I would give this hotel a B+/A-. We had to reserve a 2 double smoking room because no nonsmoking rooms were available. I called the hotel direct and told them that we MUST have a room w/ 2 double beds and that if a 2 double nonsmoking became available to put us down for that room. I was told that there would be no problem. When we arrive, they gave away our 2 double smoking room and gave us a king w/ sofa bedroom. We were told that no other rooms would be available for the night. However, on the second day after talking to 2 staff members we were able to get a 2 double nonsmoking. We were there for 4 nights, so we had the room we wanted for 3 nights. Housekeeping did get the room ready very quickly for us however. In the second room we had a lamp with no lightbulb and the television was getting horrible reception. We went to the desk about the bulb and was told, "We can't get that for your right now, sorry." I was not impressed. We told the desk about the problems the following morning and they were taken care of, which made us very happy. They have a wonderful continental breakfast, be sure to take advantage of it. They have a fair sized pool which is nice for families after a long day but it was very cold. Most staff was very warm and friendly. The hotel does show it's age, but for the most parl it is very nice. Stay here if you want to save money on your vacation. Take advantage of the free shuttle to the metro and take that to downtown DC. The bottom line: For the price you pay this place is wonderful. Give it a go, you will love it! Just tell the desk right away if you have any problems. Have Fun!
PS: They have excellent showers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, IHG and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn