Holiday Inn Express is my hotel of choice when I'm on the road for business or pleasure because of their consistency at giving a high quality experience without the added nickel and diming of a "full service" hotel chain. This location was converted from a "real" Holiday Inn into an express which provides for some positives and some negatives.
The ground floor of this hotel has no guest rooms, giving them lots of flexible space to work with. The lobby area has a large seating area separate from the continental breakfast room (which is where the bar probably was when this was a Holiday Inn.) Around the corner from the elevators (multiple elevators - a positive compared to most HI Expresses,) there is an Avis car rental desk, and past that a divideable ballroom. A previous reviewer noted that the staff did a great job at breakfast despite the presence of multiple teenagers. My visit was chaperoning a group of teenagers, and they actually set up our breakfast separately (and plentifully) in one of the ballrooms, allowing the non-group guests to have a quiet, efficient breakfast.
The rooms are amply sized with well-kept furnishings. Since there are no ground floor rooms, you quickly escape the noise of the freeway. Although our room faced I-95, it was very quiet. The air conditioner was also quiet. There is a full lineup of cable television channels, and the wireless Internet access worked like a dream.
Re-reading my review so far, I haven't really justified my four-dot rating instead of ranking it "excellent." The negatives that we experienced were small, but still annoying enough to keep me from going the whole "excellent" rating. The lobby area was being re-arranged. I didn't interact with the staff much at all, so I can't vouch for their helpfulness, and maybe that contributes to my lackluster impression. There was also just something subjective about the property's age and layout that just felt tired.
When choosing a hotel in the DC area, don't feel like you have to avoid the Holiday Inn Express - I-95-S Of I-495. Even though it's not a "destination hotel," it's a quality property that gives you a good night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn