Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield
Hilton.com
$124
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$134
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Courtyard Springfield(Springfield)
$107
$101
Courtyard
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$71
$80
$119
TownePlace Suites
All reviewshi expressfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationschool groupsstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastfree shuttlehot breakfastexercise roomthe hotel offerswould definitely stay here againwashington dcoatmeal
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was my favorite hotel out of the paces we stayed while on our DC to NYC trip! very comfy beds, nice decor, mini fridge, and breakfast! It was also close to a CVS and everyone was very welcoming and friendly.

1  Thank summervacation27
Reviewed July 2, 2014

After driving 14 hours from Florida to Virginia non stop I was done. I had planned on staying with family but it just didn't pan out so I booked a room just for one night. It was extremely close to my family and very easy to get to as well. It seemed like the hotel was just recently renovated and still somewhat under construction but not overly noticeable. The room was great, very clean and modern. For some silly reason I checked out not realizing it would probably just be easier to stay another two nights. We I decided to check back in they gave me a similar room on a different floor. Not even 10 minutes of being in the room and there were children running up and down the hall making all kind of noise, banging on doors. So I went downstairs and the gentleman at the front desk apologized and said he forgot there was a large family taking most of the rooms on that floor and he would move me immediately. I got my original room back, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever had in a hotel recently. The staff was helpful and very polite. I would have rated this hotel a little higher but the breakfast was pretty terrible. Granted it's complimentary but what good is that if it's not exactly edible? Anytime I go back I definitely plan on staying here again. The price was also great, I booked by calling the hotel and got a cheaper price than what was online through different hotel sites.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Heather M
Tanja H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback for your most recent stay. We are delighted that we met your expectation regarding our newly guest room accommodations. Our renovations of our guest rooms have been completed with the exception of one floor. While many of our guests enjoy our full hot breakfast buffet that is being served according to IHG Holiday Inn Express standards, we sincerely apologize that it was not suitable for your own needs. It is our greatest desire to leave you with a better impression during your next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed from Wednesday to Sunday, visiting friends in nearby Springfield. Got our reservations through Priceline and we were very pleased with our stay. Checking in and out was very fast (7pm and 10:30am). Our room faced I95 but it was reasonably quiet. The room was well furnished and included a (quiet) fridge. We did miss an in-room safebox.

The adjacent shopping center was convenient for last-minute shopping and there are many nearby restaurants for dine-in or take out - a bonus for us since we were watching the World Cup matches in our room.

Breakfast was adequate for the room rate and the hotel staff kept things running smoothly despite the number of guests.

We did have a couple of problems (the room keys became demagnetized when kept next to my cellphone; one day we left the room around 1pm and it remained undone) the hotel staff sorted things out very quickly. From what we saw, the hotel has exactly two elevators - too few and at times we had to use the stairs (we stayed at the 2nd floor - exit is to the parking lot).

For the rate we paid, I think that this hotel and services were very good.

1  Thank PGuarda
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The entire hotel is in need of a facelift. The furniture and carpet is stained or gouged, both in the rooms and common areas. The room I stayed in had a musty smell. The cleaning staff is not managed well as evidenced by the fact that when I returned to my room at 3:30 it had not been cleaned. On the up side, the breakfast bar was well tended and they keep a bowl of apples available around the clock. I will find a new hotel when I am in the DC area.

1  Thank valorrmac
Tanja H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Your feedback is important and we listen to our guests. As our hotel is currently undergoing renovation, we will be able to showcase newly renovated guest rooms, meeting space, public and outside areas very soon. It is a big project and we are not only committed to getting it done but also with as few interruptions and inconveniences to our guests as possible. Our housekeeping staff is usually on the floors cleaning rooms between 8 am - 4:30 pm during the weekdays and between 9 am and 5:30 pm on the weekends. We are happy to accommodate any special requests and specific times during which service is preferred or not desired at all.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is ample parking and it's free - YAY.
There are restaurants and shops right across the street so you don't need to drive - double yay.
The staff is pretty decent in that they all seem pretty nice for the most part too and the rooms are nothing to complain about. It's pretty cheap to stay here and it looks like any other hotel you'd pay a little more to stay at as far as the rooms go but there is a massive catch. The walls seem to be paper thin so everyone in the hall way even talking with "indoor voices" can be heard. There always seems to be kids running up and down the halls without fail at the most absurd times and the slamming of doors is abundant. That's probably everywhere you go though right? Well sure maybe but this hotel is literally right next to a major road and just behind ramps to major highways so the noise from the road is almost non stop and it's SUPER loud. This is one of the noisiest hotels I have ever been to and if you don't have earplugs you will not get any sleep. For the noise level alone, I will never stay here again but that's just because I treasure my sleep and am a very light sleeper so it being as noisy as it is just does not allow for me to get any rest whatsoever. If you can sleep through a hurricane this wouldn't be a bad place for you as everything else seems decent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zellywelly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear zellywelly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words towards our hotel staff and parking service. However, it is truly regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay because of the noise levels experienced. I have shared your concern with our hotel management for review and consider improvements where needed.

Though we would have preferred you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Faith R