We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express mostly for the location. It was between the DC Metro area and my nephew's house (who we were visiting) in McLean, VA. It was right off the Beltway, only a couple of miles from the Springfield Metro station and enough restaurants in the area to suffice. They also had a shuttle service that will take you to the Metro to go into DC. So, it was very convenient. I'm an IHG platinum member and have stayed at many, many different Holiday Inn owned properties and this one is certainly dated, but it was kept up and relatively clean. They were going through a renovation during our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though. You will get many large groups staying at the hotel (youth sports teams, etc...) or groups renting out the banquet hall downstairs, but we didn't have any noise issues with either. Just expect that during the summer season, especially.
The breakfast was very busy every day, so don't go down right before it closes and expect to get much. There was a nice variety, but you should be there at least 1/2 hour before they close it down. When groups are at the hotel, the pool can be pretty busy, too.
The rooms were what I expected - nothing great, but nothing awful. We were on a family vacation and stayed for four nights, so for the value and it's location, it was fine. Just don't have tremendously high expectations for the facility, but the friendly staff made up for those deficiencies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn