Stayed 4 nights in a King w/ Sofa sleeper. This is a 10 story hotel that is in various states of renovation. Currently they are painting the exterior and working on the parking lot.
The pool is a big outdoor tub that goes from 4 ft to 8 ft., It closes early at 9 PM. There is a semi-attentive lifeguard on duty (2 different guards across 4 nights) who would surly rescue someone but not sure they would be the first to notice a problem as they both were occupied for 4 nights playing with gadgets, etc. You have to walk outside to the parking area and in through the front door to get back in from the pool (leaves puddles of water in the entry area)
Rooms generally good shape, but some oddities like a tile bath floor that looks like an elephant wearing titanium golf cleats danced on it. But the rest of the bath spotless. Seems a common theme in this hotel there are targeted renovations and some old areas.
The breakfast crew did an great job keeping things stocked even through weekend crush hours.
They provide free shuttles to/from the local Metro station (did not use this service)
One service thing that bugged me is when you reserve a room with a King & sleeper sofa for 3 people, you ought to be given bedding for the sofa and towels for the 3rd person without having to ask. Had to ask twice to get them.
One service thing htat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn