Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield
$107
$101
Courtyard
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$71
$75
$68
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

$154
TownePlace Suites
$253
$236
EmbassySuites.com
All reviewshi expressfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationschool groupsstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastfree shuttlehot breakfastexercise roomthe hotel offerswould definitely stay here againwashington dcoatmeal
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Unfortunate or easily accessible location off the tangle of highways -- you be the judge. Clean but not pristine, passable. Friendly staff doing the best with what they have. Breakfast buffet. Not much you can walk to but a strip mall across the street (which is scarily part of a highway exit ramp, so be careful crossing). Very much a passing-through kind of a place, but affordable for that purpose. Did the trick for two nights.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear IcelandOrBust,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The check-in process at this hotel was outstanding ~ Stacey was pleasant, enthusiastic, and appeared genuinely glad to assist. He gets top marks! We requested a refrigerator in our room and received a refrigerator and a microwave; the person who brought the equipment and set it up was friendly and very professional. Breakfast is the normal fare...and it's nice having coffee available all day. Those are the highlights.

The room is adequate; good size, plenty of space, comfortable king bed. The pillows are just short of horrid; lumpy and hard. The bathroom is clean, if a bit small. The shower has great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Housekeeping is sorely lacking. Day one, our room was cleaned in a timely manner. Day two, we were out all day (from 9am) and the room wasn't addressed until 4:20pm (after we returned). Day 3, we again left at 9am; the housekeeping crew was outside our door. We returned at noon to an unmade room. As we left a few minutes later, I asked the person at the front desk if we could please have our room made up...when we returned after 3pm, the room was as we left it in the morning. Unacceptable.

We are using reward nights; it's obvious we are not important enough to have our room cleaned in a timely manner ~ even when the housekeeping staff sees us leave because they are right outside our door ~ even when we specifically ask the front desk to have our room addressed. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear IrishWife1,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pillows and housekeeping. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel was clean but not pristine, staff was very friendly. Shuttle was readily available to take us to the Metro or to various dinner places near the hotel. They hotel did have some problems keeping food for the breakfast demand...I don't know if it was particularly busy or if they were just ill prepared. For the value I would stay here again. Easy access to the metro

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a perfect location for taking the metro into DC. The hotel has a free shuttle to the Springfield-Franconia station. They will also take you other places within about a two mile radius (restaurants, drugstore, etc). The location is very easy to find and right off the interstate.

Our room was a nice size and don't let the older exterior fool you. The interior has all been updated.

The breakfast buffet had a really nice variety including eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, a pancake maker, cereal, fruit etc. it was really nice and they kept it well stocked.

The service was beyond excellent. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this property for several times in the past two years always on business. The staff is just awesome! Arriving here is like coming home to mom's. They make you feel very much at home. Despite being next to the interstate, it is actually very quiet, a tribute I think to the build. I am usually in a hurry in the morning, yet, find the HOT breakfast which starts at 0630 hours to be not only tasty but wholesome, and usually get a generous amount to my fill. Perhaps one of the best of the staff is Stacey. I do recall he remembered me after my 1st visit almost two years ago and knows my special needs as I sometimes travel with an elderly parent just to get him away. Stacey is particular to ensure my parent is care for and has the type of accommodations he needs. Housekeep too is particular to ensure we are given special attention. At least one of the restaurants just across in the plaza ensure we receive a 10% discount just for staying at this location. They will take you to and from the Airport without a fuss. The WiFi is also without incident, no disconnects as is common in other hotels. That is most important to me as I spend a lot of time on the net. What I really like is that they seem to actually remember you after the first visit and that really makes me feel like I am where I belong and am most comfortable staying.

Room Tip: upper rooms are best
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business