The check-in process at this hotel was outstanding ~ Stacey was pleasant, enthusiastic, and appeared genuinely glad to assist. He gets top marks! We requested a refrigerator in our room and received a refrigerator and a microwave; the person who brought the equipment and set it up was friendly and very professional. Breakfast is the normal fare...and it's nice having coffee available all day. Those are the highlights.
The room is adequate; good size, plenty of space, comfortable king bed. The pillows are just short of horrid; lumpy and hard. The bathroom is clean, if a bit small. The shower has great water pressure and plenty of hot water.
Housekeeping is sorely lacking. Day one, our room was cleaned in a timely manner. Day two, we were out all day (from 9am) and the room wasn't addressed until 4:20pm (after we returned). Day 3, we again left at 9am; the housekeeping crew was outside our door. We returned at noon to an unmade room. As we left a few minutes later, I asked the person at the front desk if we could please have our room made up...when we returned after 3pm, the room was as we left it in the morning. Unacceptable.
We are using reward nights; it's obvious we are not important enough to have our room cleaned in a timely manner ~ even when the housekeeping staff sees us leave because they are right outside our door ~ even when we specifically ask the front desk to have our room addressed. We will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield is a 10 story hotel with newly renovated guest rooms ideally located 13 miles south of Washington, DC at the junction of I-95, I-395, and I-495 Capital Beltway. Our hotel is 11 miles south of Reagan National Airport (DCA) and with our free shuttle servicing the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station the metropolitan area awaits. Local attractions and businesses include: the White House, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Mount Vernon, Amtrak Auto Train, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, SAIC, General Motors, the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, and Quantico. Shoppers will enjoy Springfield Mall, Tysons Corner Mall, and Potomac Mills.The Springfield Holiday Inn Express features 194 guest rooms with newly upgraded decor, complimentary high-speed Internet access (wireless throughout hotel, wired in select rooms), complimentary breakfast, free parking, and outdoor pool. Allow the professional sales staff at Holiday Inn Express in Springfield to assist you with your next banquet or social function; we can accommodate up to 200 people. Stay Smart with us and enjoy all of the convenience of Washington, without all of the hassle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc Sw-Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield
- Holiday Inn Springfield
- Springfield Holiday Inn