All reviewshi expressfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationupgraded to a suiteschool groupsbanquet roomstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastfree shuttlereagan airportexercise roomflat screenair conditioner
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel was clean but not pristine, staff was very friendly. Shuttle was readily available to take us to the Metro or to various dinner places near the hotel. They hotel did have some problems keeping food for the breakfast demand...I don't know if it was particularly busy or if they were just ill prepared. For the value I would stay here again. Easy access to the metro

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a perfect location for taking the metro into DC. The hotel has a free shuttle to the Springfield-Franconia station. They will also take you other places within about a two mile radius (restaurants, drugstore, etc). The location is very easy to find and right off the interstate.

Our room was a nice size and don't let the older exterior fool you. The interior has all been updated.

The breakfast buffet had a really nice variety including eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, a pancake maker, cereal, fruit etc. it was really nice and they kept it well stocked.

The service was beyond excellent. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this property for several times in the past two years always on business. The staff is just awesome! Arriving here is like coming home to mom's. They make you feel very much at home. Despite being next to the interstate, it is actually very quiet, a tribute I think to the build. I am usually in a hurry in the morning, yet, find the HOT breakfast which starts at 0630 hours to be not only tasty but wholesome, and usually get a generous amount to my fill. Perhaps one of the best of the staff is Stacey. I do recall he remembered me after my 1st visit almost two years ago and knows my special needs as I sometimes travel with an elderly parent just to get him away. Stacey is particular to ensure my parent is care for and has the type of accommodations he needs. Housekeep too is particular to ensure we are given special attention. At least one of the restaurants just across in the plaza ensure we receive a 10% discount just for staying at this location. They will take you to and from the Airport without a fuss. The WiFi is also without incident, no disconnects as is common in other hotels. That is most important to me as I spend a lot of time on the net. What I really like is that they seem to actually remember you after the first visit and that really makes me feel like I am where I belong and am most comfortable staying.

Room Tip: upper rooms are best
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I think too often, traveler’s expectations far exceed the reality of what the travel industry beholds. They have a romantic and jaded sense of what a hotel experience should be like. If one would go to a hotel with realistic expectations, more travelers would be surprised at how nice their stay could be.
When I travelled to Washington, DC on March 2 from Virginia Beach, it was not my intention to stay overnight. I had come to the nation’s capital to see a wonderful play at the Arena Stage Theatre. This trip could not have gone more perfect. The drive to DC was traffic free. I arrived at the Franconia-Springfield Metro where I always spark when going to DC. The train ride into DC was relaxing and smooth.
After an extensive amount of walking, a two-hour play, travel back to the Metro, my sister suggested that I get a room for the night instead of driving back to Virginia Beach. I went on Expedia, and searched for hotels in Springfield, VA near the Metro. While on the Metro I reserved a room at this hotel for the grand total of $87.20. I stood on the platform waiting for the connecting Metro to take me to my car and it was freezing on the platform. I arrived at my car numb but I pressed on to the hotel. Finding this place was not easy. I could see it but could not get to it. I called the hotel and Paolo answered it. This kind gentleman stayed on the phone with me until I arrived at the hotel. When I arrived I told him who I was and I thanked him. The check in was super swift and he assured me that my stay would be a memorable one.
I simply do not have one bad thing to say about this hotel. It was clean, the room had ample room, and the bed was super comfy. The bathroom was clean. I didn’t use the shower because I just crashed on top of the covers and rose in the morning. I stayed until noon check out. The breakfast was great—fresh muffins, apple juice, orange juice, hot coffee, French toast, sausage, scrambled eggs. Maybe the best free hotel breakfast I ever had. The food was replenished at least twice when I was down stairs eating, Tracy made sure I had toothpaste and a toothbrush. He was not only friendly and lively, but he was treating the guest like family. When I told him about Paolo he told me how great he was. When I left he urged me to come back again soon. It was like leaving home for the day.
This will definitely be my go to hotel when I go to DC. I just don’t see the need to pay 100 percent more to say in the city or in a pretentious so called 5 –star hotel with pretentious 3-star service given only to those the pretentious hotel staffs deem worthy to receive it. Whether I am spending $50.00 on a room or 500, I want to be treated like a welcomed guest—nothing more and nothing less. It doesn’t take several hundred dollars to do this—just welcoming and smiling faces like Tracy and Paolo for the weary traveler!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hosebarazka
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My original booking was non-refundable, but the manager was kind enough to allow a new booking to include my employer discount. The staff was very accommodating to my disabled family member, the rooms looked new, they had great breakfast, and they offered free shuttle service daily until 9pm anywhere within a 2-mile radius. They're in walking distance to several restaurants and stores. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family