WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield

Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Athens, Alabama
“Clean fair priced Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel may not be the shining star of Holiday Inn's, however it was very acceptable. I found my room to be in serviceable order and at a great price (booked online), The staff was extremely curious and that is something i find critical in a Hotel environment. It is especially convenient location for travelers and gave me a fantastic nights sleep. I would recommend this to travelers passing buy in this area! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barbara H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Marylander44,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure that every guest loves our hotel. We hope that you stop by again next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This facility has free abundant parking, a well lit parking lot, and nice front desk staff. The rooms are nothing special, but clean with comfie beds and a good value for the dollar. Location is easy to get back on the freeway, near the intersection of 495 dcbeltway and i95 south. There are lots of shops nearby as well as dinner options and bob Evans around the corner for breakfast. Neighborhood is an industrial park, not great for the morning run, but yuneededto get in the road anyway!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ljubljana, Slovenia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Before deciding to book my 5-night stay here I read almost all of the reviews, so I was expecting a typical Holiday Inn Express experience.
Arriving at the hotel the propery appeared old from the outside, however the premises were clean and pleasant. The check-in was very friendly, I was recognized as a platinum PC member and assigned the type and location of the room I had requested in the reservation. Moreover, Stacey explained in detail how the shuttle and the subway work, how to get to downtown DC, even provided a map and also made some dinner suggestions.
The hotel lobby, hallways and elevators were very run down, the doors to the room badly scratched, dented, bumped, the whole property appeared very, very tired. The room itsself had been updated to some extend. However the worse part was the bathroom, which was tiny, with very limited space to put your things on. Moreoever, the metal parts of the sink were rusty, the tap would not close completely, so there was constant water dripping and the bathtub would drain extremely slowly. There were also quite some problems in the room: on our first day there was no bar soap in the room, on our second day the housekeeping didn't leave any coffee, there was one light bulb missing in the table lamp, the room was only vacumed on our 3rd night and the bed matresses were overused and producing squeeky noises with every move. Contrary to some reviews here the room was not at all soundproof, the noise from the traffic was quite bothersome. We also used the laundry room, which was rather dirty. I also found it somewhat unpleasant that you could enter the hotel from the side door at any time of night. Even though the doors were supposed to be locked at night, they were not.
On the positive side: the complimentary shuttle to the Metro station is great, it is fast and very convenient, every member of the staff is very friendly, polite and professional. It is too bad the hotel is not renewed completely and managed in a better way.
Had I been paying their usual USD 100+ a night rates, I would have been rather angry for choosing this property. As I redeemed my PC points I was OK with staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barbara H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Slo-Lju, I want to personally thank you for your comments. We value your honesty in telling us what you think about our hotel. Your input gives us the opportunity to improve our product. I was especially concerned about your experience regarding the cleaniliness of our hotel. I can assure you that we will take the appropriate action to rectify this situation. Please do give us the chance to prove to you that we can do better.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location is great. Right off the highway 95. We had a king room with a sleep sofa. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small and cramped. We had a drainage issue where the water flowed slowly down the sink and the shower. We called the front desk and a maintenance person was sent immediately to address the problem. He fixed the sink, but not the shower. It wasn't a pleasant experience showering in standing water.

The weather was cool and we needed another blanket on the bed. Guess what? No extra pillows, blankets or sheets. How was someone going to sleep on the sleep sofa?

They serve a hot breakfast. However, it really wasn't that good. The quality of the food wasn't good. The eggs were flat with melted cheese inside. The fresh fruit was old looking. It wasn't a Hampton Inn breakfast. There is a Bob Evans and a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance.

Stay here if you're on a budget or if you're passing through for one night.

Room Tip: We stayed in 412. It was on the backside of the hotel and not on the highway side. You could slight...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barbara H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Carla H. I want to personally thank you for letting us know about the problem you had with your room. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean and comfortable rooms were everything works. Unfortunately we were not able to deliver in your case. Please accept my sincere apology for that. I would like to ask you to give us another chance and stay with us next time you are in town. Please feel free to ask for me personally when you arrive. I will make sure that you will have a wonderful experience. Barbara Hubbard, General Manager.
Newport News
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

One night stay for business trip stay only. The ustomer service was excellant, the rooms were clean, the bedding was decent, and the free breakfast in the morning worked for me. This "Express" was a little older than some of the ones that I have stayed in, but they updated the inside to match with the newer ones around. Bathrooms could have used a little more updating, but not bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ExpTraveler13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The rooms are very clean and everything seems fairly new. Nothing seemed old or over used. We had a leaky bath tub but customer service took care of it right away. If you're going to DC and your room key doesn't work when you come back, don't panic. Front desk told us that the metal detectors in the museums and government buildings sometimes deactivates them. Only thing I didnt like is that there were only sheer curtains and the thick ones couldn't be pulled down. I felt like I had to hide in the bathroom to get changed! Overall inexpensive place without being scary or dirty!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Shoell914
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Muhammad at the Front desk has a excellent service to the guest,he is not only has good service at front desk, anywhere in the hotel , he offers his nice service!!!! But personally I don feel safe in the hotel because guest dost swipe the room key at the elevator,this way,anybody can get onto upstairs and knock on your door pretend to say " house keeping " or "room service"and threaten your life!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple