Comfort Inn(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$116
$110
Courtyard
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$90
BestWestern.com
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$71
$154
All reviewshi expressfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationschool groupsstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastfree shuttleexercise roomthe hotel offerswould definitely stay here againwashington dcoatmealsamir
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Before deciding to book my 5-night stay here I read almost all of the reviews, so I was expecting a typical Holiday Inn Express experience.
Arriving at the hotel the propery appeared old from the outside, however the premises were clean and pleasant. The check-in was very friendly, I was recognized as a platinum PC member and assigned the type and location of the room I had requested in the reservation. Moreover, Stacey explained in detail how the shuttle and the subway work, how to get to downtown DC, even provided a map and also made some dinner suggestions.
The hotel lobby, hallways and elevators were very run down, the doors to the room badly scratched, dented, bumped, the whole property appeared very, very tired. The room itsself had been updated to some extend. However the worse part was the bathroom, which was tiny, with very limited space to put your things on. Moreoever, the metal parts of the sink were rusty, the tap would not close completely, so there was constant water dripping and the bathtub would drain extremely slowly. There were also quite some problems in the room: on our first day there was no bar soap in the room, on our second day the housekeeping didn't leave any coffee, there was one light bulb missing in the table lamp, the room was only vacumed on our 3rd night and the bed matresses were overused and producing squeeky noises with every move. Contrary to some reviews here the room was not at all soundproof, the noise from the traffic was quite bothersome. We also used the laundry room, which was rather dirty. I also found it somewhat unpleasant that you could enter the hotel from the side door at any time of night. Even though the doors were supposed to be locked at night, they were not.
On the positive side: the complimentary shuttle to the Metro station is great, it is fast and very convenient, every member of the staff is very friendly, polite and professional. It is too bad the hotel is not renewed completely and managed in a better way.
Had I been paying their usual USD 100+ a night rates, I would have been rather angry for choosing this property. As I redeemed my PC points I was OK with staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Barbara H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Slo-Lju, I want to personally thank you for your comments. We value your honesty in telling us what you think about our hotel. Your input gives us the opportunity to improve our product. I was especially concerned about your experience regarding the cleaniliness of our hotel. I can assure you that we will take the appropriate action to rectify this situation. Please do give us the chance to prove to you that we can do better.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location is great. Right off the highway 95. We had a king room with a sleep sofa. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small and cramped. We had a drainage issue where the water flowed slowly down the sink and the shower. We called the front desk and a maintenance person was sent immediately to address the problem. He fixed the sink, but not the shower. It wasn't a pleasant experience showering in standing water.

The weather was cool and we needed another blanket on the bed. Guess what? No extra pillows, blankets or sheets. How was someone going to sleep on the sleep sofa?

They serve a hot breakfast. However, it really wasn't that good. The quality of the food wasn't good. The eggs were flat with melted cheese inside. The fresh fruit was old looking. It wasn't a Hampton Inn breakfast. There is a Bob Evans and a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance.

Stay here if you're on a budget or if you're passing through for one night.

Room Tip: We stayed in 412. It was on the backside of the hotel and not on the highway side. You could slightly hear traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barbara H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Carla H. I want to personally thank you for letting us know about the problem you had with your room. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean and comfortable rooms were everything works. Unfortunately we were not able to deliver in your case. Please accept my sincere apology for that. I would like to ask you to give us another chance and stay with us next time you are in town. Please feel free to ask for me personally when you arrive. I will make sure that you will have a wonderful experience. Barbara Hubbard, General Manager.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

One night stay for business trip stay only. The ustomer service was excellant, the rooms were clean, the bedding was decent, and the free breakfast in the morning worked for me. This "Express" was a little older than some of the ones that I have stayed in, but they updated the inside to match with the newer ones around. Bathrooms could have used a little more updating, but not bad.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ExpTraveler13
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The rooms are very clean and everything seems fairly new. Nothing seemed old or over used. We had a leaky bath tub but customer service took care of it right away. If you're going to DC and your room key doesn't work when you come back, don't panic. Front desk told us that the metal detectors in the museums and government buildings sometimes deactivates them. Only thing I didnt like is that there were only sheer curtains and the thick ones couldn't be pulled down. I felt like I had to hide in the bathroom to get changed! Overall inexpensive place without being scary or dirty!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Shoell914
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Muhammad at the Front desk has a excellent service to the guest,he is not only has good service at front desk, anywhere in the hotel , he offers his nice service!!!! But personally I don feel safe in the hotel because guest dost swipe the room key at the elevator,this way,anybody can get onto upstairs and knock on your door pretend to say " house keeping " or "room service"and threaten your life!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple