Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Springfield(Springfield)
Comfort Inn(Springfield)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleanmetro stationschool groupsstandard farebreakfast areashuttle serviceolder hotelfree breakfastbagelshot breakfastexercise roomthe hotel offersstaff was very friendly and helpfulsamir
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I went with my husband -Sam-for 2 days business trip to Virginia. I read some reviews before I went and brought some clean towels because some reviews claimed "dirty towels" in the Hotel. Contrary to the reviews, the room was very clean, and the bathroom was full with crisp clean white towels. The receptionist-Diana-was very nice, helpful, and offered me assistance to where and how to go to the nearest mall while my husband went to work on the first day . The next day , I enjoyed a delicious breakfast and went within walking distance to some wonderful stores (e.i. Talbot outlet store). I really enjoyed my stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Armando L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC SW-Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your husband's business travel. It's great to hear that our Front Desk was able to help and direct you to some great shopping around our hotel. We're happy that your stay went above and beyond expectations. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here three weeknights at about $120 + tax/fees (Wed-Fri), totaling $419. The hotel is very easy to find, right off the interstate, and there was plenty of parking. There are a lot of restaurants & stores nearby as well as the Metro station which we used each day to go into DC for sightseeing. The free breakfast is the typical HIE buffet fare - if you have time, travel over to the Silver Diner off Franconia Road by the Springfield Mall for a much better breakfast! We had no problems with the internet connection and found the room to be clean. We were disappointed that the shower barely drained so you would stand beyond ankle-deep in water while showering. I guess our maid figured that out by Thursday afternoon because it worked properly that night. Towels were rough and a few were stained. Bed was comfortable enough. Biggest complaints - the window wasn't equipped with black-out draperies so there was no way to block out the rising sun at 6:30 each morning which was REALLY annoying; and the extremely noisy A/C fan ran constantly (we were just glad to have working A/C though, since it was so hot). Also, the maid never refreshed the shower gel or shampoo - we had plenty of mouthwash and conditioner though.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear BethSko,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we appreciate the feedback and comments you have provided in reference to your stay with us. I'm surprise to hear that your room did not have the blackout draperies which I know are important if you are sleeping when the sun comes out. I have also shared your comments to our housekeeping manager about refreshing the shampoo.
Welcome to contact me directly next time you are coming to the area.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.com.
Armando

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Over 3/4 of the towels were dirty.. either stained or had hair on them. The internet was terribly slow most evenings. The internet tech support told me that the hotel simply had not bought enough bandwidth for all of the users (see screenshot of a bandwidth test I ran). The hallways are smelly and beat up. However, the room was otherwise reasonably clean and the bed had a comfortable memory foam mattress. Some of the staff need to be properly trained on customer service: the woman working the night shift is clueless and is rude to guests. Would not stay here again, as there are other much nicer hotels nearby with better quality control and a predictable experience, which the Holiday Inn chain does not provide.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hmk3001m
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Obviously I'm very disappointed. I just had Lasik so being in a smoking room was bad, but my colleague has very bad asthma so this made it terrible.

I was traveling for business (like I do every week). I had reserved 3 non smokng rooms but when I arrived, I was told they weren't available. I asked why not and was told that all the rooms in DC were booked due to the upcoming US Open and to take the smoking rooms or they will give them to someone else.

I told the front desk person that it was after 6, if I did not show up you would have charged my card so why is it that if you can't fulfill the reservation I had for over a month you couldn't call me so that I could have rebooked. He just looked at me and said take it or leave it.

Needless to say, I'll never stay in another HI property where smoking is allowed.

As for the guy at the front desk, he should be in a position where he has not customer interaction, he was rude and frankly a jerk.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BYOBLOVERS
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Stayed in this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend while attending Rolling Thunder in DC. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. We bought the package that included free Metro Passes but unfortunately they were out of the passes upon our arrival. They cost of the passes was deducted from the cost of the room.

The Express Breakfast was a great way to start the morning. There is a great Pizza place right across the street with a wide variety of other selections. Baskin Robbins is right next door to the Pizza shop. Several Asian Cuisines are close to the hotel as well. A Outback Steak House is fairly close also. The Hotel is right off the freeway and easy to get back on.

The pool was very clean and the lifeguard checked the water often while we were there. A board at the pool displayed the information on water quality as she updated through out the day. I did not use the spa/weight room. Parking was ample even for this busy weekend. Pillows were a little soft for me, needed three to get to sleep. All room amenities work great, especially the shower... GREAT after a day of walking in the heat in DC.

I will stay there again next year, just 10 miles from DC.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family