All reviews waffles shuttle service metro station main building coffee machine dc area free shuttle refrigerator and microwave lifeguard on duty free breakfast fresh fruit value for the money breakfast area nice breakfast convenient location easy access plenty of parking
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Room was small. It was very damp and dingy. Although it was somewhat renovated in our room, the work was done poorly. Fixtures were loose in the walls and ceiling had water damage. The price was right for a 4 night stay near DC and a metro station. Springfield is a great location on the blue line to see all the sites in DC and surrounding VA area. Lots of shopping and food options near the hotel. Breakfast was great and staff was very attendant to the food and needs of the guests. Front desk addressed any questions and issues I had. Beds were comfortable.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank bowlco0476
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my hubby for a visit in DC. It is near DC though it will take around 30 minutes to travel because of traffic. Their breakfast time is shorter compared to other BW so guests should wake up earlier to avail free breakfast. Though this hotel does not have laundry services, there are lots of laundry shops near the area around 6 minutes away. Room and bath are clean.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Scarlet1128
Reviewed August 27, 2018

The hotel has a nice location close to many highways that may get you to various destinations. It is easily accessible with a GPS but would be difficult without it. The rooms were clean and the service was very good. They have a quite nice and diversified breakfast.

Room Tip: As we came to know later on, some rooms do have a fridge and microwave and some do not.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2018

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable hotel room with a good free breakfast and a great value, Best Western in Springfield is my #1 choice. I have stayed here five times and plan to stay more in the future.

My first experience, the hotel front desk person had announced my room, but since then, I have not had a problem and they have been very helpful and exhibited wonderful customer service skills.

The rooms have been consistently clean, and the bed and sheets comfortable. The room I had stayed before was upgraded with a refrigerator and microwave. The Executive level room are about $10-$15 more and offer the refrigerator, microwave, and bigger desk and more comfortable desk chair (versus a square desk and padded wood chair) and a larger flat screen TV. The lotion, conditioner are really nice (organic, olive oil, honey).

Compared to the Comfort Inn, the Best Western free breakfast is much better and really good - eggs, sausage, diced potatoes and an area for waffles and pancakes. Yogurt, breakfast pastries, plus some fresh cut fruit. The coffee is much better at the Best Western too!

Best Western offers a small pool if you want to cool off in the summer.

I am a Platinum Best Western Rewards member, and on one of my stays, I found on the desk a jar of Andes mints, a bag of snacks and water, and a very nice welcome back letter from the hotel manager. I was thrilled and felt very appreciated, since I have never received a welcome back letter let alone all those wonderful gifts at a hotel before.

Join the Best Western Rewards program, and book the hotel through there. It will offer you a great rate and then you can partake in the wonderful drinks (water, ice tea, soda and snacks) - take up to 4 when you check in. Also, check the Best Western website, since they offer an elite status hotel matching program where they will give you an equivalent Best Western program status as you have in any other hotel chain - good for one year.

For the value for the money and getting a clean, comfortable room and bed, the Best Western in Springfield is my #1 choice! This hotel has made me a Best Western hotel convert where I will now look at Best Western hotels when I travel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms may hear the noise from the highway ramps more since you are at the same level
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2018

The staff were very friendly, the room was comfortable, and the food was tasty. Aside from a few cleanliness issues in the room, we were very happy with our stay. It was also close to several attractions, like Mount Vernon and Smithsonian.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends