“unpleasant experience been waken up at night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Springfield

BEST WESTERN Springfield
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, United States
“unpleasant experience been waken up at night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

When we first moved in, I have noticed the WiFi signal is unavailable. Since we were tired and was at the edge of the floor, I did not bother to report the problem. At 12:30AM, we were waken up from sound sleep by the front desk telling us that he had assigned a "wrong" room to us. Minutes later, a couple were trying to open our room door. I called the FrontDesk and was told taht the couple would be assigned to another room. Right before I was checking out, I asked the front desk what was wrong with my room assignment. She checked the computer and apologized stated that it was hotel's own fault. Up to now, I still do not know what "wrong" room I was assigned. Was it the reason why my room had no WiFi signals?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Fong-ZhouZ,
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Springfield for your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about the service you received at the property and would like to speak with you in order to follow up with the problems you had in more detail. I can be reached directly at 703-647-6860. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Best Western Hotel with address being 6721 Commerce St Springfield, VA VA 22150 (703) 922-6100 is the worst hotel in this century because they pride themselves of making checking-in take more than 45 minutes while there is a queue of guest waiting to check-in. Even MCDONALDS understands the concept of customer service.

They have the worst customer service, even the woman who sells rotten tomatoes at Malata knows a thing or two about customer service that she can impart to even their general manager. Besides their horrible customer service that is even beneath the street seller of Africa they want to give me a hard time after they billed me twice for a stay.

Dear Adwoa P,
Thank you for your candid review of our property. I am truly sorry that you did not receive the service we strive to give all our guest. We have taken your evaluation of our customer service and are working with all our staff to make our service exceptional for all you and all our guest. I would personally like to assist you with any further attention you may need. I can be reached at 703-647-6860. Thank you again.

Angela H
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in august 2013.
First the pros:
The hotel is easy to find and we could find restaurants, pharmacies, groceries only a couple minutes away (by car) some by foot.
Everything is very clean.
Beds are comfortable.
You have everything for your stay, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, etc.
Easy drive to Washington, about 20 minutes, we parked at Union Station.
Price is OK.
The cons:
The hotel is situated practically under a interstate ramp so there's car noise and it's not a beautiful view if your room has a view to that.
The pool is nice but it's located on the parking in front of the main street and the fence hides nothing, so for intimacy, forget it.
The air conditioner works great but it's very noisy.
The lobby (and the breakfast room) is in a separated building linked by a covered walkway, so in summer it's OK, but I would not like this in cold winter days!
The internet in our room was terribly slow, I had to go to the lobby to make my things.
So, in conclusion, if you want a place to sleep to visit DC it's OK if the noise doesn't keep you from sleeping and you don't mind going to the lobby for internet access.
We we're looking for a cheap, clean location near DC, and we don't mind the noise, so it was OK for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in front, the interstate is in the rear parking, so it's noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michel_Bernier
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Michel_Bernier,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate the honest feedback on both the good and the challenging things about our property. Your review lets us know how we can make your future stay and the future stays of all our guest exceptional. I hope we will see you back again soon.

Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We booked this hotel on Hotels.com and paid less then $100 a night. We were a little nervous about the quality of the hotel, but went ahead and stayed there. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel ! The shuttle was very convenient and took us to and from the metro everyday without a problem. They also provided shuttle service to any restaurant or establishment within three miles too. The room itself was old, but clean. Having a fridge and microwave was a plus. Although we didn't swim in the pool in looked well maintained and I was very impressed that there was a lifeguard on duty every day. The continental breakfast had a variety of options and was always stocked. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite.

The only negative thing I would say about the hotel was the air conditioning in the room. It gave the room a bit of a musty smell and the fan would blow some air in from outside, making the room a bit humid at times. For the price we paid, I would definitely stay there again.

• 5 of 5 stars
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jessica B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at the Best Western Springfield. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us . We are working on replacing our AC units in all of our rooms. We hope to see you back again soon.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This stay was phenomenal! It was just what our family needed. A local hotel to relax in that had a pool w/ excellent hours and an attentive lifeguard. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and beautiful the room was, since I knew it was an older hotel. The staff had the most amazing disposition and most graciously honored my request for late check-out the next day. To top it off, the complimentary breakfast actually included an assortment of hot items as well as cold items.

Room Tip: If you want the best wi-fi coverage, choose a room in the middle of any of the floors. I stayed on...
Dear TranquilB,
Thank you so very much for your great comments about your stay with us. We are so happy that your family enjoyed their stay. I am sorry there were challenges with the WiFi. We are upgrading our WiFi on property so that all of our guest will have a better connection. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Minot, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Would not stay at this motel again. The rooms, hallways and lobby stunk. We had a room on the first floor next to the pool. We never could get Internet service that was offered. When we called to ask about it we were told it we was because we chose the room closest to the pool and the service was poor on that end of the motel. The pool doesn't open until 10:00 am. There's not much time for a morning swim. On the plus side, the breakfast was wonderful! Great selection.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Angela H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Springfield, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Kimr3boys,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate the comments. We have just completed the project of providing more reliable internet service to all of our guest rooms. We continually work on maintenance and sanitation to improve the appearance and freshness of our property. Your comments are important to us and help us to continually make improvements for you and all our guests. I would like to invite you back to the property during your next visit so that you can experience some of the changes we are making. You can contact me directly at 703-647-6860.

Springfield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here because I work in Springfield and I was making up hours for work. I did not feel like driving all the way back home because it would take two hours. I decided to get a hotel because I had to come back to work early in the morning. I contacted Best Western and a lovely lady assisted. Now, she was great. Very friendly and Helpful. I was not sure I was going to stay until I talked to her. However, when I got there, I was confronted by some ghetto unprofessional bammer. In the morning, two bammers assisted me again. I was all confused as where the lady went. Or maybe she sits in the back hidden and only answering phones. The rooms are very small.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Jennifer W,
I wanted to write and offer my sincerest apology for the incredibly poor customer service you received during your stay with us. This is not the customer service experience that it typical of our staff. All interaction with our staff should be as friendly and helpful as the first you received on the phone. Your comments are shared with the staff and management and have definitely been incorporated in the training to make every guest experience better. I would like to personally invite you to contact me personally and to have you give the property another try and see where we have made improvements. You can contact me at 703-647-6860.

Thank you for your comments.