“Delightful gem!”

Ranked #41 of 197 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last night my husband and I ate at JW and Friends in Springfield, VA. This restaurant is off the beaten path and you might drive right past it if you were not looking for it. There is plenty of parking, several dining rooms, large menu, and attentive waitresses. I had one of their specials, chicken cordon bleu, garlic mashed potatoes, green veggies, salad, and bread. It was delicious! My husband had salmon with the same sides as me. Each entree was under $20. We had a Groupon which brought the price down lower. This restaurant is featured regularly on the Groupon website and is definitely worth going to.

3  Thank Jennie J

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were pleasantly suprised at the quality and quantity of food. We have gone there as a famly and with friends.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is nothing fancy, but there really aren't that many places anymore that hire local bands. On the night I was there, the BeSharps were playing a nice mix spanning the 50's to the almost-present. It was really fun listening to them and the dance floor was busy most of the night.

The age of the crowd tended to be a bit older, with a lot of 50+ partiers, but perhaps that was influenced by the band playing that night. Service was prompt and friendly, even when the place was busiest. Drink prices were OK but not great.

The layout of the place could be a bit better. The band is directly facing the dining area and the bar is off to their right. You can still get a decent view, though.

Overall, this is a pretty good place to hear your favorite band.

1  Thank DECruiser
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went to JW and Friends on a Saturday night in December. We had a reservation and the place was full. We enjoyed how there was no smoking. I had the chicken cordon bleu with garlic mashed potatoes ($14.99) and it was great. Husband had the lobster and stuffed shrimp ($24.99) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Portions were large. The entertainment was excellent. I highly recommend the Restaurant if your in the area, but reservations are recommended.

1  Thank 51elvis
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'll be honest with you, as a native of Springfield, with Mikes American Grill right down the street where you can get a good meal anytime, I wasn't sure what to expect with JWs. But now I'm a regular that comes to eat there at least once a week. The reason being, is the pricing is so much better than Mike's and the food is excellent. Some of my favorite dishes I have found to be the ribeye steak, the chicken alfredo, and the filet. But they also do dinner specials every night and sometimes you can get a great piece of swordfish or salmon for a great price! The bread is homemade and excellent too! They have a full bar, with every type of drink possible. And the wait staff are a whole bunch of cute girls, and they are all friendly. There's a smoking lounge outside in the back, for smokers. Inside in non smoking.