“Great Value”

Silver Diner
Ranked #10 of 193 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Burke, Virginia
“Great Value”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I highly recommend this Silver Diner. The servers are friendly, and the menu is fresh and uses locally grown ingredients.

Visited November 2013

Northern New Hampshire
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Classic diner atmosphere with contemporary beat, the Silver Diner in Springfield, prepared the best breakfast of our entire trip. Fresh biscuits, perfectly prepared eggs, and farm to table vegetables provided the perfect meal to send us on our way home.

The servers were youthful and very pleasant. The other diners ranged from young couples to elderly companions. Our booth offered an authentic Seeburg jukeboxes with an hundreds of tunes from the 50s and 60s.

Wish we lived closer; this would be a regular destination.

• Visited November 2013
Des Moines, IA
“Really good breakfast...”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had the country scramble with eggs, peppers, onions and potatoes. It was really good. Also it came with a homemade biscuit and I asked for the sausage gravy on the side. The biscuit was crunchy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. It was so DANG good!!! I wish we had one of these in Iowa. :(

Visited October 2013
Springfield, Virginia
“Average”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've had breakfast here several times, and it's nothing special. I had pancakes, and my friend had eggs. The pancakes were decent, but the eggs were runny and raw. She had them take the plate back, but it was obvious that they had only put the eggs back on the grill! With other places to eat in the area, I won't be going here.

The food was average, prices were decent but the restaurant itself was sloppy....floors were sticky, there was food on the floor, table and bench. The ladies room was dirty and looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in some time. I had pan

• Visited August 2013
Kearny, NJ
“The most unique diner I've ever come across”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm from New Jersey so when I see a diner out of state, I have my doubts. This was a very unique experience because it was a diner that didn't serve diner food. Most of the stuff on the menu was either locally sourced or organic. I look forward to coming to this place again. It was delicious.

• Visited July 2013