“Great diner food.”

Ranked #9 of 194 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
UK
“Great diner food.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been here twice on my recent trip to the DC area, and both times the food was very good. Nice breakfast options, bacon cooked perfectly. Apple pie with ice cream is the desert you want to get here. There's a reason there's an option on the menu to purchase an entire pie! Both times our servers were very friendly and efficient. I recommend this place to anyone wanting a casual place to eat with a variety of menu items.

Visited September 2013

Pass Christian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had a chicken strip dinner, it was okay but, I've had better. Also, I ordered carrot cake for dessert. It tasted like it had been in the fridge for a while, not real fresh tasting. I tried my friend's coconut pie and it was better. I could smell a nasty odor where I was sitting, like sour mop water or something. I couldn't quite figure it out.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Diner feel...grand dining fare”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have been to this diner about 4 or 5 times in our travels to the DC area. We have never been disappointed. Meat loaf? You have never had it like this one. Salads...a truly delicious meal and a half...and the desserts? OMG...amazing!

Perrysburg, Ohio
“Loved the Healthy Options”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice while staying in Springfield, both for dinner. We loved that the menu had a variety of food, including healthy choices. They had classic diner dishes and unique dishes that you cant find at many places. The food was hot and tasted delicious. The jukeboxes at the table were a nice design touch. The prices over the meal were affordable and you got the right amount of food. The service was good too. For those who are vegetarian or vegan there were several menu options.

Springfield, Virginia
“Great Dinner.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My son and I both had the fish taco and loved it. It was a very healthy and delicious meal. I will be back.