“The best of Springield”

Mike's American Grill
Ranked #1 of 198 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Mike's should be used as a model for managing all restaurants. From the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave you are treated as a valued guest. There is a "system" in place for every detail to ensure a fine dining experience. Even when busy you feel welcome and know that the goal is to get you seated as promptly as possible and maintain a high level of service throughout your visit. The decor in Mike's is warm and inviting. I have to mention that the Christmas decorations were simply beautiful this year - from the Santa hats on the large stars hanging from the ceiling, to the beautiful tree, garlands and, Poinsettias it was a welcome respite during the busy holiday season. The details here make your meal delightful. I know this might sound odd but, the glassware just sparkles which makes the beverages look so refreshing. The basket of rolls and bread are so delicious - they just melt in your mouth - careful- you don't want to spoil your meal! Salads come to the table on an appropriately chilled plate- everything says FRESH! Hot entrees are served hot - imagine! The wait staff seems to anticipate your every need and visit the table frequently but not so much as to be a bother. And, when you are finished the check is brought promptly. I come here more for lunch than dinner (based on geography only) and it really is the very best place in the area. Can't wait until my next visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great atmosphere, more rustic than modern. Hostess greeted me with enthusiasm. Sat in the bar and Eric was my waiter/bartender. I ordered a entree that looked great when I got it. I did not realize it had rosemary in it, therefore I did not like it. Normally I would just pay my full bill and go, sense I did not ask the waiter if it had rosemary...so that was my fault and a restaurant should not pay for my mistake. Eric insisted that I get something else. I got the sautéed chicken in brown butter sauce with button mushrooms over angel air pasta. It was excellent. When I return to the Springfield area I will definitely be back. This type of service is lacking in too many restaurants these days. Thank you Eric and the rest of the staff for such a wonderful dining experience!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I took my husband here for his birthday. We ordered both calamari & crab dip for an appetizer, both were great! My husband ordered a steak which he stated was very flavorful, and I ordered a Monterey salad which was good as well. Nice setting and I have to say that our waitress was awesome!!!!!! We will be returning......

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have tried many items on the menu and I love them all. Mike's makes the best crab cakes I have ever tasted. My husband's favorite is the pork chop dinner. We like the ambiance as well.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mike's is a great place to go in Springfield and really one of the few relatively nice sit down restaurants located there. Part of a chain of Great American Restaurants it never disappoints. My only complaint is the noise level can be very high due to the way the building is constructed. Still love it but always try to go during off times as it can be very crowded at noon and during the dinner hour.