“Favorite place to go in all of Springfield”
Review of Hard Times Cafe

Hard Times Cafe
Ranked #81 of 197 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I try to eat here once a week or so. The food is consistently good and lots to choose from. They have great specials every day of the week, both food and drinks. We love taking people from out of town here, it's affordable and it's fun to watch people try the different kinds of chili. It isn't stuck up or snobby like a lot of places you find in Northern Virginia, and it's always busy but never crowded enough that you can't get a table. And did I mention they have like every beer ever on tap? 5 stars.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I enjoy going here for happy hour. they have good drink prices and usually appetizer or some other food special. The food is just ok and the menu is limited. Chili dishes, burgers, and appetizers. I've gone several time for 1/2 price appetizers and cheap drinks after work. They also have a pool hall in the back, but there is a door separating it from the main restaurant.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Good value and tasty chili here. Can't say much for the atmosphere but it is an OK place to take your wife for a change of pace.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

After listening to the waitress rave about the chilli I gave it a try and I have to say, it is the worst I have ever had. I think I would have been better off having canned chilli.
My daughter could not even keep it in her system.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

If you are looking for Good chili and wings stop here. Cornbread is excellent as well. Large beer selection to boot. Enter from the front to avoid the pool hall if there for dinner or with kids. Take out also works well.