“Italian food to die for.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bertucci's
Ranked #49 of 192 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Italian food to die for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Hot, home-made pasta, great service and a decent price. Parking easy to find.

Visited February 2012

Topeka, Kansas
“Great Italian Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

The food is quite good. I've been a few times. The service at lunch was much better than the evening service, but still quite acceptable. If you order from the lunch menu (the specials) it will be fast and priced in the $10 range. Dinner is more relaxed time-wise and the prices start at about $12. Salads are $3 more, so if you want one, be aware of that. The pasta is great, the bread is average. The pizza looked amazing but I've not tried it. I think a good sign is that there are a lot of locals there. It is located across the mall, by Best Buy. Parking is rather close there, and when you leave, if you turn right, you will be heading towards the interstates so go left if you want to stay on that side of town (or go straight to head to the mall and get your bearings on what direction you should be traveling in).

Visited October 2011
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Back for another "Quality Assurance" test.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

So I've recently come back to my favorite local pizzeria to "recheck" the quality of service and food and I was not disappointed.

I did try some new items that were on the menu and they were delicious! For an appetizer I tried the Antipasto Misto, which is primarily a cold veggie plate topped with a thin slice of prosciutto. Yummy! Then for an entree I tried one of the new items called the seafood di mare. It was cooked in the brick oven and fantastic. The only slight downfall on that dish is that it would be "ove"r 5 stars if it had a bit of pasta on the bottom. But all in all very light, filling, and flavorful dish.

One the new menu there are desserts which they cook in the brick oven called crostatas. One has apples and the other is chocolate. So naturally being female I chose the chocolate and it was like a warm brownie on a light crust. Very good!

Our table had the red sangria and pinor noir and both were equally delicious! :D

Service was as always very prompt, courteous, and accomodating as my daughter was slightly picky. :D

Can't wait to go back and "recheck" the food at this favorite!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank jackieharris
Northern Virginia
“The name is Italian - nothing else is.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our latest visit to this restaurant was disastrous. I must confess that I am an italo-phile: I spend considerable time in Italy every year, and I know what authentic Italian food should taste like.

When you sit, the ignorance begins. A young girl introduces herself by name in this pseudo-friendly gesture common in many restaurant chains. She then goes on to suggest that maybe we should start our meal with a cappuccino or a cafe latte. Upon hearing this offer, an Italian is likely to drop dead -- either out of excessive laughter (if he/she has a sense of humor) or from a heart attack (if he/she doesn't). Start a meal with coffee and milk???!!! When I smiled, she trumped me with this answer: "Just like they do it in Starbucks". Now, that's an authentic Italian authority! How long do they train their waiters in food and drink? A three hour crash course?

They follow with a simple, unlimited salad. It is free, which is a nice gesture. But I wonder if they ever tasted what they serve. They pour enormous amounts of cheap vinegar on it (not aceto balsamico, mind you) -- which makes the salad inedible. Try drinking cheap vinegar out of the bottle and see if you like it.

Then came the purpose of our visit: the pizza. They used to pride themselves on having obtained a DOC certification (denominazione di orgine controllata) for serving authentic Napolitan pizza. Rubbish! The hard, tasteless crust that we received was a C+ maybe a B-.

In short, It's not enough to decorate your dishes with Italian terms. Somebody much watch the quality and train the staff.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kloomnik
Alexandria, VA
“Best Kept Secret In Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

From the freshly baked rolls, to the delicious dipping oil, to the friendly wait staff~this is by far THE BEST Bertucci's I've ever been to! We've rarely had to wait on getting a table, only on the weekends when it's really busy and it's always been a pleasant experience. Atmosphere is only slightly noisy when really busy.

The food is great and very reasonably priced AND if you come for lunch there's unlimited salad! I've been to other Bertucci's in the area and choose this one because of the excellent wait staff.

My Favorites: Mozzarella Fritta Appetizer & Roasted Tuscan Vegetables
Salmon Florentine & the new Taste of Bertucci's
Chocolate Budino & Marscapone Cheesecake

If you're having a drink go for the white Sangria or my favorite, Tiramisu Martini!!!!!!! :D

• 4 of 5 bubbles