“BEST OF THE BEST”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Hotel is located off of I-95 and only minutes away from Ft Belvoir. The check in and check out was great, housekeeping was awesome, the rooms were superior, even though my room overlooked I-95 I didn't hear any traffic at all! The morning breakfast was superb. The bartender, Richard, at the manager's reception was the BEST! The drinks flowed and the music was awesome. I wish all Embassy Suites were like this. The TV had regular cable and a TV guide that was accessible on screen. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, this is the very best Hilton property that I have ever stayed in and I am looking forward to going back. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the area. this hotel is very new with modern furniture and features. it is like a home away from home.

During the manager's reception the price of food on their menu was 1/2 price. Make sure you place order and get enough to take up to your room for a late night snack!!!

CONS:

The only thing negative was one waitress at the Crossroads Bar & Grill. I sat at the bar and she literally ignored me for several minutes. then she eventually asked if I wanted something so I placed my order. I informed her that I had a 10% off coupon and she looked at me like I was talking a foreign language. she took my coupon but did not apply the discount to my order. The food was good but her customer service and attitude sucked and it reflected in her tip $0.00. Other than that my experience was awesome and I avoided her for the rest of my stay. I have a feeling that she will not be around very long. she definitely did not represent this hotel!!!

Room Tip: I had a room with a kitchen, full size refrigerator and dishwasher!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jason H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Springfield. I am happy to hear how great your stay with us was. I will let Richard know how much you appreciated the music and his service. I will be working with all of our associates to make sure that your next stay with us will be even better than this stay. We all look forward to your next stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My co-workers and I came for happy hour to have a couple of drinks and a bite to eat. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT... I had a crab cakes that were to die for and the MAC AND LOBSTER dish was very cream. The BARTENDER JOHN was very FRIENDLY and HELPFUL... We did not know what to order and he suggested their HOLIDAY DRINK ... Called the Poinsettia something... It was an excellent suggestion... Todd also was friendly... The other people sitting at the bar was very friendly too. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: December 2013

We love when locals come in to enjoy Crossroads Bar and Grill. I will let the Chef know how much you enjoyed the food as well as John and Todd’s service. We have different specials 7 days a week and are always looking for suggestions. We can’t wait until you come back again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel is brand new, very clean with very helpful staff. The complimentary breakfast is fantastic (includes omelets to order). Within two miles of Springfield Metro Station, which provides access to DC. Not easy to get on and off I-95, but that is my only complaint.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brad W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our lovely, new Embassy Suites in Springfield. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

stayed here during a relocation for my job and had a Sunday reservation. Showed up Saturday and not only received a room, but had my Sunday night rate lowered and bundled for a much better weekend rate, while also being upgraded to a suite. Great group of people, and a beautifully clean hotel.

Dear Rick C

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Springfield as your "home away from home" during your relocation to our lovely area. We look forward to having you and your friends/family stay with us again soon! Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Amenities were good overall. I liked the cook-to-order omelet as well as other breakfast offerings. The complimentary drinks and snacks were well appreciated. Great experience. I have stayed there twice, and will be returning there in 2014. I highly reccomend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Ann V, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hi, Tim C-
Nothing warms our heart more than a return guest! Thank you for the great review and we'll look forward to having you back soon! AnnV

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This new Embassy Suites was great for my recent business trip. The location is good being near, Ft. Belvoir and right off I-95 and easy to get to. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. The parking lot is well lit and they were quick to clear the ice and snow. The bathroom was spacious and nice. I definitely preferred the walk in tiled shower to a traditional tub. Finding the gym and pool was a little goofy (going to the second floor, walking down a hallway to take a different elevator back to the first floor). I may have missed an easier way though, but all the equipment was nice and they had free weights. Overall a nice place and I will stay again and recommend to my family, friends and co-workers as well. Thanks for a nice stay

Hi, Thomas M-
Thank you so much for your positive comments on our Hotel, services and location. We have a great team here! We also appreciate your comments about the elevator on our 2nd floor that services the Pool and Fitness Center. We've gotten quite a bit of feedback about it, and are working on better signage. The intent was to provide streamlined access to the Pool & Fitness Center without having to go through the Crossroads restaurant and Lobby area in wet swimwear. We're also working on some scripting at the Front Desk that we believe will proactively alleviate any confusion. Thank you for letting us know where we can improve! We truly appreciate your referrals, and we'll look forward to having you back with us soon!
AnnV

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Outstanding hotel very near the auto train . When we stay in a hotel we do not expect to much they are all about the same. But this hotel was outstanding in every way. The cleanliness of this hotel is excellent and you well need a good nights sleep if you are going on the auto train.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nancy R-
I can't tell you how proud our team is that your stay experience with us here at the Embassy Suites Springfield elevated your expectations of what a hotel stay should be. I hope you had a great trip to Florida, and we'll look forward to welcoming you back for another visit soon! AnnV

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield Old Keene Mill
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 3 in Merrifield

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Springfield? Share your experiences!