“Where'd this place come from?..and why didn't we go here before!”
Review of Monty's Steakhouse

Monty's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Monty's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 195 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rolling Road
Description: A traditional American Steakhouse, Monty's is an upscale, casual fine dining restaurant serving a unique blend of sensational fish & appetizer selections alongside 21-28 day dry-aged beef.A good experience, satisfying portions and a neighborhood steakhouse to call your own. Welcome to Monty's.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Okay, so a couple of the ladies in my wife’s book club mentioned a ‘newer’ restaurant in a strip mall down the road, and now I’m supposed to go try the fare on a mid-week evening. So with another couple, she and I find a parking spot in the crowed lot (our target eatery is not the only restaurant in the mall) and wander in to Monty’s. Well, the dining room is immediately impressive, the reception warm (almost personal) and the ‘sit down’ with further welcoming and presentation of the menu very impressive. Okay, I’m dancing around the bottom line. This little gem almost understated in its location is a true find and one hellva find in a very convenient location! WOW!

I had the crab cake appetizer (as good as I’ve ever had and I’ve eaten crab cakes up and down the Chesapeake), a lovely cup of crab and corn chowder, and a very good small Cesar salad with anchovies. All primo! My wife had a very good spinach salad and small bone in fillet grilled to perfection (and she’s particular!). The other couple had similar fare and raved about the eggplant puree appetizer and a tasty Peruvian ceviche with octopus, shrimp and fine white fish. The wine selection is very good and the beer selection included fine pours that are seldom seen in this area. All and all as good an evening as to be found in this little burg just outside the Beltway. Monty’s is the real deal, and while not inexpensive is very good value for those seeking a sophisticated restaurant with superb food minus the drive into the district. We have a new best place in Springfield!

There are newer reviews for Monty's Steakhouse

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to Monty's Steakhouse in Springfield, Va, a new establishment. We were seated promptly and service started right away. The interior design is modern and 21st century. A decent amount of specials as well as a reasonable amount of menu selections. My wife had the crab cakes with spinach and asparagus while I had the Ahi Tuna with spinach and asparagus. We also ordered clams casino as an appetizer. Presentation very nice and the wait staff very attentive. Our lead waiter Chan is great. Okay, now some constructive feedback. The restaurant is noisey due to its open design. The clams casino were delivered barely lukewarm and placed on a bed of heavy salt which was not appealing. The stuffing also was on the salty side and more filling than clams. The entrees arrived and my wife's crab cakes were excellent, all crab! My Ahi tuna seemed liked it had been prepared long before and just put under a warming lamp, arriving lukewarm. The seasoning of the tuna was good. The wine list needs help as the selection of reds not so great. The restaurant is trying to be upscale which will be a challenge as some clients coming in just for the bar which is in full view of the dining area arrived dressed more for a local sports bar. We were
Were not offered the desert tray though clearly others were and my double espresso ordered came as a single and again lukewarm. Music is more for late teens than for this steakhouse. Prices are not moderate and lean toward very expensive which for a strip mall located restaurant may not work. The clams casino were very expensive at $16 for six small overly salted clams. We will give the restaurant another try as Springfield suffers from even decent restaurants.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

A nugget of pure gold! Newly opened, in a strip mall and superb from all perspectives. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We had a cross section of steak entrees and one sea food entree. The steaks were all done exactly as ordered, the presentation was excellent, and the flavor of each was outstanding. Subtle sauces added that little extra that truly enhances the flavor of a good cut of meat. The crab cakes, with lobster sauce and Aioli sauce were wonderful. Donna, one of the co-owners came by to introduce herself and ensure all was well. We will definitely go back, this place is a winner!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Monty's has been open about a month now, and I think that they've managed to work out most of the kinks now. The restaurant is definitely a welcome addition to Springfield, where the choices are mainly limited to chain restaurants (Monty's is cheek by jowl with an outpost of Austin Grill in the same shopping center) or ethnic places. The meal started with complimentary hummus and bread, which was excellent. My husband had the soup of the day, a fish chowder, which he thoroughly enjoyed. My entree was the petite filet, which was cooked to perfection, and my husband had the salmon, which was also well cooked. Our server, Renaldo (I think), was excellent. We will definitely be going back. My only concern is that the prices may be a little high for the neighborhood, although the prices are quite good for the quality of the food.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and a friend decided to try this newly opened restaurant. I peered in the windows a couple of weeks ago and was impressed by the seemingly upscale look. On appearance this was a welcomed possibility for the area.

Upon our arrival we were properly greeted and our reservation time was punctually honored. At first glance, the menu seemed overwhelming with many choices to choose from. I am saying this as a good thing with a wide range of items to choose from. For a new restaurant, the wait staff was very professional and polished. Their ebb and flow seemed genuine and did not reflect any opening jitters.

For appetizers most of us order caeser salad. When the salads arrived I was somewhat disappointed to see brown spots on the romaine lettuce, a lack of any notable dressing and served at room temperature. After we asked for additional dressing and added it to the salad, the taste really spring through. I am picky about my caeser but this salad has potential. With a little quality control on the lettuce and a proper chill, I would get this salad again.

For entrees, our table had Chilean Sea Bass and the Single Cut Filet Mignon. One word describes the food and that is Outstanding. The fish and filet were cooked to perfection. The filet was so tender a steak knife was not a requirement. We were all very impressed and reminded ourselves we were not at the Capitol Grill or Morton’s. Having eaten at both of those restaurants, Monty’s will give them a run for their money. The entrée prices were reasonable considering they are served with two sides unlike the two other aforementioned places. The portions were huge and we could have almost split the order of sea bass.

The wine list was somewhat limited for a steak restaurant. I eventfully would like to see more full bodied cabs and broader overall selections. I hope that becomes a reality in the future. The owner came by to greet us, checked on our meals and thanked us for coming. A nice touch.

Put this place on your “To Do” list and you will not be disappointed. The atmosphere was great and glad this upscale option is now available in the area. Enjoy!!