“A forced evacuation turned into an unexpected getaway.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Northern Virginia
“A forced evacuation turned into an unexpected getaway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Extended Stay America - Springfield. But, I know for sure, it won't be my last. My family was forced out of our home due to a loss of power from Winter Storm Dion and needed a place to call home in the interim. I was greeted with exceptional service. Victor, especially, showed genuine concern for our situation and accommodated us in a way that lessened the overall burden of the situation. The room was clean, spacious, cozy, warm and affordable. I'm so glad we chose to stay here!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review, of your stay. I am glad that we were able to provide a great stay for you and your family during the evacuation. The staff and I read your comments about the service you received from Victor and the rest of our staff, and appreciate the compliments.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Everything is so convenient here.. Short walk to the Metro (blue line), Full kitchen to cook, Comfy rooms and a Quiet atmosphere.
When we checked in this trip Lidiya was very friendly & helpful. She asked us if we were traveling with any children or pets.. We had 2 2-legged & 2 4-legged kids with us, she found us a very spacious room on the 3rd floor. We were very happy with the layout and the accommodations of the hotel. Ive seen a few people complain about the breakfast. You have a whole kitchen (full sized fridge, microwave, stove top, pots, pans, etc) Alls you have to do is run across the street to the Target store, where they have a good sized grocery section. For our needs and wants its perfect!!
Thank you for a great trip!! We will see you again next year.

Sara J.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was looking for a place not too far from Washington DC and affordable. I def. made the right choice!!! Hotel is on a private street, right acrossed the street from a mall. There was a number of eateries in the area as well. And its only about a 6-8min walk to the metro, which was Great!! We were able to catch the metro into DC with no problem. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Julia and Lidiya were on staff at the front desk and were always very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. Our room was spacious and bright. It looked like they recently renovated. Everything was clean and perfect. The only complaint that I has was the tv channels were limited. Traveling with 2 teenagers and not having A&E, VH1, BET or MTV... They thought it was the end of the world LOL.Will be staying here next year when we return to the area.

Room Tip: When checking in tell the front desk how many people you have staying in the room and what you broug...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel nice room and the front desk worker julia was very kind , helping me with everything making my stay comfortable and also providing amazing service i truly enjoyed my stay and will recommend to others

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Well once u arrive u are greeted with smiles, clean, safe, private! The staff gloria, victor, abul, all of them are well manared! Overall it gets better! Rooms clean, the elevator, full kitchen, clean cups & utincils! The house keepers work hard! Spot less tubs & toilets! Parking, non smoking & smoking rooms!

Springfield Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay while I was on a work detail in the DC area. This is a very nice place & conveniently located, clean rooms & the staff here is great, especially Julia. She was very polite, courteous & helpful. (I THINK EXTENDED STAY NEEDS TO GIVE HER A RAISE, SHES GREAT!!!!) If or when I return to this area I plan on staying here again....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Overall review is superb! Been here a few months no complaints or problems would recommend to friends! Every time I'm in the Springfield are I stay at extended stay America!' The front desk help is great and they are always on top of things!

• 4 of 5 bubbles