“Use a tent instead” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Kansas City, Kansas
“Use a tent instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Of the 1/2 dozen empoyees that we met, one maybe had a clue what "customer service" is. The rest were CLUE-LESS!!!... There was a spill; some sticky substance; a spill of orange juice or something on the floor of the elevator for over 12 hours. With a LITTLE effort they could make this a much better stay but they won't spend the time or the effort to improve the experience. Can't even bend over with a wet towel to clean a spill in a common area. The offer of "breakfast" is an absolute joke. There was NOTHING offered for kids. Kids do not like instant oatmeal and coffee! I never write reviews and am a very easy going person that understands "life" has it's challenges. But, this one was too much to ignore. "Extended Stay" has lost my money, no matter where I go. They would have to pay me to stay at this hotel at this location. I take that back because, "what won't happen"

Room Tip: Research Embassy Suites. I wish I had. Same price. And, I have nothing to gain from anyone for that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Thank Abdul, and Victor, the whole staff, lilya, free, Priscilla! The hotel has great safe parking, very clean, pet friendly and smoking rooms available! It is great, such a safe place to reside in! Laundry room, and a variety of goodies in the vending machine! The elevator is quick and well attended!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you found your room to be clean and that you felt safe as well as comfortable while staying at our hotel. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Abdul, Victor, Lilya, and Priscilla.

We truly enjoyed having you visit our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

i would stay here over and over again. convenient to shops and restaurants as well as metro. staff very helpful. makes me feel like home away from home. pool is nice too. i can do my work and still relax.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

We appreciate your kind comments about our proximity to several nice restaurants and a metro station. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Somerset, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

So we were moving our whole family from North Carolina to Massachusetts when one of the three vehicles in our caravan broke down at 10:00 p.m. on the Interstate in Springfield, VA. We pulled off the nearest exit and were blessed to find the Extended Stay there within a mile of the exit. By the time we went to check in it was after midnight and we were really tired.

I asked the friendly face at the front desk "do you have a room that can sleep all of us?" And she said, "oh, you need the suite." And what a great suite. It was absolutely huge. And for a really great rate. Our new friend got us all the pillows and blankets we needed. She went above and beyond. Really helpful.

The next morning as we were looking for a U-Haul rental, another new friend at the front desk allowed us to stay a few extra hours past checkout.

Sometimes when things go wrong, it's incredibly refreshing to meet people who understand customer service. Thumbs up. Praise Jesus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for going above and beyond to make your short stay enjoyable. We are excited to read from your comments that the friendly face at the desk, our fresh hotel room and our great customer service made a huge impression.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Remember that we are always your home away from home.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a no frills hotel expeience. Although it is nice to have a kitchenette, everything about the hotel was basic. The room could have been cleaner, some of the towels had hair and stains and the halls had a slight musty odor. The location was a little iffy...my room overlooked somesort of warehouse. I probably won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was unclean. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeepers to improve our cleaning procedures in order to deliver the best service possible moving forward.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcs@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I purchased this hotel on Priceline, thinking I was already paid in full. To then get there, and be charged an additional $27 a night pet fee. We then proceed to the room, and it wasn't cleaned from the last guest. So, we went back to the front desk and was given another room. The room had hair all through the dishes and was just not very clean. We also was given a full sized bed, instead of the supposed queen that we paid for. Additional annoyances- no ice, they didn't provide cups because they want you to use cups the previous guests have used. No shampoo or conditiner. Which I always bring my own but still. You definitely get what you pay for here. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ashleyd30
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Ashley - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room, and that we failed as a team to meet your expectations. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am going to be coaching our housekeeping staff on different ways to deliver great service moving forward.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

When looking for a nice and quite place to stay we ended up at Extended Stay Amercia (Springfield, VA). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We really liked the fact that we were able to get a good nights sleep because the location was on a quite street. We also liked that we would wash at the hotel and cook meals which helped us save lots of money. Did I mention that the hotel was very clean.

Finally, the location we stayed at offered internet service, local free calls and free cable tv which was offered added benefits. I recommend anyone looking for a full service hotel which offers a lot for a reason price then you should consider staying at Extended Stay Amercian (Springfield VA) when you are in town visiting. (W. Stewart)

Room Tip: Corner suites appeared to be larger in size with more windows so we received more sunlight which c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were delighted to read your nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing excellent guest services. We really liked the fact that you had a good night sleep because of the quiet neiborhood. We hope you will book with us or any of our hotels in the near future. Once again, thank you for your review and kind words.