New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Largo, Maryland
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

i would stay here over and over again. convenient to shops and restaurants as well as metro. staff very helpful. makes me feel like home away from home. pool is nice too. i can do my work and still relax.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

We appreciate your kind comments about our proximity to several nice restaurants and a metro station. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Somerset, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

So we were moving our whole family from North Carolina to Massachusetts when one of the three vehicles in our caravan broke down at 10:00 p.m. on the Interstate in Springfield, VA. We pulled off the nearest exit and were blessed to find the Extended Stay there within a mile of the exit. By the time we went to check in it was after midnight and we were really tired.

I asked the friendly face at the front desk "do you have a room that can sleep all of us?" And she said, "oh, you need the suite." And what a great suite. It was absolutely huge. And for a really great rate. Our new friend got us all the pillows and blankets we needed. She went above and beyond. Really helpful.

The next morning as we were looking for a U-Haul rental, another new friend at the front desk allowed us to stay a few extra hours past checkout.

Sometimes when things go wrong, it's incredibly refreshing to meet people who understand customer service. Thumbs up. Praise Jesus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for going above and beyond to make your short stay enjoyable. We are excited to read from your comments that the friendly face at the desk, our fresh hotel room and our great customer service made a huge impression.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Remember that we are always your home away from home.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a no frills hotel expeience. Although it is nice to have a kitchenette, everything about the hotel was basic. The room could have been cleaner, some of the towels had hair and stains and the halls had a slight musty odor. The location was a little iffy...my room overlooked somesort of warehouse. I probably won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was unclean. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeepers to improve our cleaning procedures in order to deliver the best service possible moving forward.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dcs@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I purchased this hotel on Priceline, thinking I was already paid in full. To then get there, and be charged an additional $27 a night pet fee. We then proceed to the room, and it wasn't cleaned from the last guest. So, we went back to the front desk and was given another room. The room had hair all through the dishes and was just not very clean. We also was given a full sized bed, instead of the supposed queen that we paid for. Additional annoyances- no ice, they didn't provide cups because they want you to use cups the previous guests have used. No shampoo or conditiner. Which I always bring my own but still. You definitely get what you pay for here. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ashleyd30
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Ashley - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room, and that we failed as a team to meet your expectations. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I am going to be coaching our housekeeping staff on different ways to deliver great service moving forward.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

When looking for a nice and quite place to stay we ended up at Extended Stay Amercia (Springfield, VA). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We really liked the fact that we were able to get a good nights sleep because the location was on a quite street. We also liked that we would wash at the hotel and cook meals which helped us save lots of money. Did I mention that the hotel was very clean.

Finally, the location we stayed at offered internet service, local free calls and free cable tv which was offered added benefits. I recommend anyone looking for a full service hotel which offers a lot for a reason price then you should consider staying at Extended Stay Amercian (Springfield VA) when you are in town visiting. (W. Stewart)

Room Tip: Corner suites appeared to be larger in size with more windows so we received more sunlight which c...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were delighted to read your nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing excellent guest services. We really liked the fact that you had a good night sleep because of the quiet neiborhood. We hope you will book with us or any of our hotels in the near future. Once again, thank you for your review and kind words.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Recently due to health issues and being in transit my son and I needed a safe and secure place to stay. I ended up staying at Extended Stay America in Springfield VA for close to 3 months. The overall experience was a pleasant one. The wholel staff was very professional, warm and friendly, extremely helpful. Everyday, one of the staff members took time to ask how our stay was going, to say hello and goodbye as we came and left the property daily.

Whenever I had to go to the front office to ask questions even if one of the staff members was helping another customers and/or needed to answer the phone they would always acknowledged me and others standing in line and would say "wait a minute, I will be right with you". Then when it was my turn they would say sorry about the short wait and how can I help you. The facility and rooms were very clean. The rooms had cookware i.e. silverware, pots, pans, cups and plates etc so while staying at the hotel one could save money and not have to eat out each night which was very nice.

Also, If you are looking for a clean, safe and nice place to stay, I recommend you stay at the Springfield VA Extended Stay in America location. We were at the hotel for over two month and from the time we first checked in to the time we checked out over 2 1/2 month later the whole staff from each shift was the same, very polite, helpful, professional, kind and respectful. Thank you for allowing me a chance to share my positive experience.

Finally, the rates per night were very reasonable and affordable.

Room Tip: ROOM TIPS When we checked in the desk clerk took time to ask us about our needs and helped me sel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Overall service its good, only one improvement can be mande with the gym room add dumb bells or machines weight. Other than that I dont have any complains about the place. Ans also Lidiya its very nice, smart and shows care.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Acosta - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly excited that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Ans and Lidiya. As well, it was nice of you to express your opinion about our gym. Your suggestions are well noted, and we will take them into consideration as we work to improve our offerings in the future.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope you will stay here again in the future.