“Perfect for Washington -- cheap (relatively), clean and close to the Metro” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Metropolitan Center Dr, Springfield, VA 22150   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% TODAY!
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Alaska
“Perfect for Washington -- cheap (relatively), clean and close to the Metro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very good. Unfortunately, we spent less than twelve hours there, but I would have gladly stayed there a week. It's obviously geared toward the work-week business traveler. Our single king suite was about 40 feet by fifteen with a full kitchen and a half wall in the middle to separate the sleeping area from the sitting area. Perfectly clean, and suitable, though the breakfast was mostly cereal bars and cold coffee.

The outermost Blue Line Metro station is right around the corner (same line as Arlington Cemetery, the Pentagon and the Smithsonian/National Mall station), but the road that leads directly there from the hotel is blocked to vehicles, so you have to go around on the highway if you want to drive.

When I made my reservation, by the way, I only intended to price check, but the receptionist -- the *receptionist* mind you -- started hard selling me and asking what she could do to make me reserve right then and what she could do to make it more comfortable for my budget. She couldn't actually lower it much (it was already the cheapest place I'd found) but her moxie impressed me and I booked.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are so happy that our hotel's location and the accommodation itself exceeded your expectation. Our staff loves what they do and it shows in their work and attitude. We hope that you can stay with us again for a longer period next time. DC is especially nice in the Spring when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had stayed here previously when renovations were under way now that I have seen these completed renovations I am amazed I love that everything was clean the rooms were tidy I love the new decor and the new colors. The staff was very attentive, Margie, Lydia and Victor were very attentive to my needs I definitely plan on staying at this location again!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks so much for taking time to review our newly renovated hotel! I am so happy to hear that Margie, Lydia and Victor took care of your every need. Our dedication to our guests is our number one priority. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lidiya at the front desk was excellent. The first room was dirty the blanket and sheets had stains on it. The next room she put us in the blanket had stains on it also. It was just horrible I will never ever stay at any extended stay hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
We are so sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. There is absolutely no excuse for what you had experienced. Never the less I would like to invite you back to our hotel to see why most of our guests call this location their home away from home. Please contact the hotel manager so that we can make this right for you. We look forward to your call.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for three nights and it was an overall very good experience. Room was very clean and well furnished. No problem getting the free wi-if and the standard speed worked just fine even for Netflix without paying for the $3 upgrade. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Margie was on duty two of the evenings I needed assistance and she was delightful. Minor complaint is that the AC unit cycled loudly but when I turned it off the room kept the temperature just fine all night. The price was excellent considering the close-in DC location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We so glad that you could spend a few nights with us. It concerns me to hear that your AC was loud - next time please do not hesitate to let us know right away so that we can make it right for you immediately. Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we will look forward to your next visit.
Narberth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

overall it was nice stay and more than what i paid for.
however, i was slightly bothered by the customer service. when i went there on dec 20th around 4PM to check in, not only the representative was NOT at her desk but when she came back after 5-10 minutes, she didn't even apologize. also, we came back late that night and the office was closed and the front door was locked. the sign said to dial 600 if the office is closed so i did, and this grumpy person who sounded like he just woke up from sleep picked up and she happened to not speak any english. i eventually had to figure out how to get in by myself.

other than this, this was a fairly nice stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I'm so sorry to hear about the poor customer service you have experienced at our hotel, but I can assure you that this is not the norm. I'm shocked to hear of it and appalled at what you had to endure. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We strive to provide all our guests with, not only a clean and comfortable room, but great customer service as well. I am sorry we failed this time. Rest assure that we will take your comments and coach our team to provide better service in the future.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I been staying at the Extended Stay in Springfield since July for work. When I come in every monday and seeing the smile on Margie face I know my stay that week will be great. It's home away from home. If I ever need any thing Margie, Victor and staff always are willing to help. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I will be coming back. Thanks so much for everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frank h
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words about our Hotel. Victor, Margie and all the associates work hard to create the "Home Away From Home" and makes it a pleasure when we get to read great comments such as yours. We look forward seeing you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The location was a little tricky to find. But once we found it, our whole vacation went smoothly from there on out. Lidiya checked us in and was a absolute joy, she was very friendly and upbeat. She helped us with everything we needed to know in order to make finding our way around very easy. I wish i could clone a office assistant to take home with me. She definitely made everything very easy and comfortable for us. We also had a chance to meet Victor, he was very friendly as well. This is our first time staying at a Extended Stay and after this great experience we will definitely stay at more in the future. Thank you again Lidiya and Victor for helping our family have a wonderful vacation : )

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank UpstatePittyrescue
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a Great Review. Lidiya, Victor and all the associates were happy to hear they helped make your vacation a wonderful experience.

We hope to see you again soon.