“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I been staying at the Extended Stay in Springfield since July for work. When I come in every monday and seeing the smile on Margie face I know my stay that week will be great. It's home away from home. If I ever need any thing Margie, Victor and staff always are willing to help. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I will be coming back. Thanks so much for everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frank h
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words about our Hotel. Victor, Margie and all the associates work hard to create the "Home Away From Home" and makes it a pleasure when we get to read great comments such as yours. We look forward seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The location was a little tricky to find. But once we found it, our whole vacation went smoothly from there on out. Lidiya checked us in and was a absolute joy, she was very friendly and upbeat. She helped us with everything we needed to know in order to make finding our way around very easy. I wish i could clone a office assistant to take home with me. She definitely made everything very easy and comfortable for us. We also had a chance to meet Victor, he was very friendly as well. This is our first time staying at a Extended Stay and after this great experience we will definitely stay at more in the future. Thank you again Lidiya and Victor for helping our family have a wonderful vacation : )

1 Thank UpstatePittyrescue
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a Great Review. Lidiya, Victor and all the associates were happy to hear they helped make your vacation a wonderful experience.

We hope to see you again soon.
Lugoff, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I'm in DC quite a bit for work, and after staying at a handful of places, this place gives you the best "bang for the buck". Very clean, conveniently located, and the "Grab-n-Go" breakfast is just right. What really tops it all is the friendly staff, especially Margie. It's like you're coming home into your own house! Thanks so much for everything!
James F.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank James F
Thank you James for letting know how wonderful your stay was at the Springfield ESA. Margie was happy to hear how she was able to help provide a Home Away From Home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my fiancé and a couple of other family members. Since we were there to visit Washington D.C, this hotel came highly recommended because of how close it was to the Springfield Metro station. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very lovely front desk clerk, Lidiya. We were very pleased as to how fast and comfortable she made it for us all to check in. Thought out our stay, anytime we passed by the lobby she never hesitated to greet us with her beautiful smile and cheerful personality. Lidiya always made sure to ask if there was anything we needed and she was kind enough to let us know every time we had a package waiting for us. With how efficiently she runs things, she really deserves a job well done. She's definitely a good assets to this company. So many thanks goes to this wonderful tough lady. All in all, we will definitely revisit this place and we highly to anyone visiting the D.C area.

1 Thank Hockeylover181
Liydia is really an exceptional personality and we are so happy to read your kind words. We hope to see you next time you are in town.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

When I first checked in liydia was very helpful and kind. The rooms are very nice & I was impressed. Their breakfast muffins are to die for!! Haha. I would highly recommend staying at the extended stay america in Springfield,Virgina. Thanks to liydia my stay here was great & fun.

1 Thank Traveler20714
Victor A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with the whole world. At Extendedstay Springfield, we take guest satisfaction very seriously. We provide GREAT service, FRESH guest rooms. We listen to our guests comments and try to improve.
New Middletown, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I will never stay an another Extended Stay Hotel again. For the past 2 nights I have been dealing with a barking and Yipping dog all night long! The staff has done nothing! The room was not very clean and I found 2 hair nets in the corners of the floor and all of the dishes in the cabinets were dirty. The staff leaves at 10 pm so nobody has been here to address this issue! They have gave no resolution, no offers to move the people with the dog or myself! I am checking out in the morning 2 days early I am fed up!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, November 16, 2012

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home"experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area, barking dogs as in your experience. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. It also seems we missed some items during our room inspections and want to thank your for bringing it to out attention.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I want to thank the folfs at the Extended Stay hotel for thier hospitality. Especially Margie. I dont know her last name, but I think that she is a great asset to the organization. Very professianal, courteous, pleasant and cute as abutton. Furthermore, I think it would be in thier best interest to find a way to clone her and distribute throughout the rest of the hotels.

Ruben from Houston

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for posting your wonderful review. Margie and the rest of the team were thrilled to read your comments.