“Excellent Stay while in Springfield, VA”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Excellent Stay while in Springfield, VA”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Exceptionally friendly and attentive staff...especially Margie. I am a frequent traveler and can always count on "home away from home" treatment by Extended Stay America in Springfield. Room accommadations were clean, modern, and comfortable. Appliances were in good-working order. Quiet setting enabling a good night's sleep. Great value for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Hi Chuck,

Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Springfield. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Springfield, VA
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family lost power Friday night, 29 June. On Saturday morning, 30 June, I decided to move my family to an hotel, as we were warned that the power outage could last a week or more. I got a suite at Extended Stay America in Springfield, VA, and felt lucky to get it.

During our 4 days in the hotel, I noticed that Margie, at the front desk, was always very helpful and cheerful, and always displayed a wonderful smile. During this period, we were a bit depressed, as we missed our home and its comforts. However, we were always cheered up when we talked to Margie, as we entered the hotel or left. When waiting in the lobby while doing our laundry, I noticed that Margie was unfailingly pleasant, helpful and cheerful to everyone who arrived at the hotel - even though a couple of customers were grouchy, Margie still stayed very pleasant.

I remarked to Margie that Extended Stay America is fortunate that they hired her, as she is a wonderful representative of the hotel. She is so helpful, so cheerful, and so nice that everyone who comes into contact with her is cheered up. She made our stay pleasant, because we knew we had a friend at the front desk.

Thank you, Margie, and thank you, Extended Stay America!

Thomas Patrick Hueman
Cell phone 202 492 3224
6364 English Ivy Way
Springfield, VA 22152

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank T H
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 20, 2012

Thank you, Margie, and thank you, Extended Stay America!
Lindenhurst, Illinois
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was in a long term stay and had to move due to recent remodeling. The remodeled rooms are very nice and the Exceptional help received from Margie at the front desk made the stay very enjoyable. this alos happens to to othe only reasonable extended stay in the area with a fitness room & small pool.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler2300
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Springfield. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case with Margie!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed only for one night and found this to be a decent property. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wlbdss1
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you to for taking the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Springfield. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again for your posting.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were placed at this facility when a city water main break made our original Homestead Studio Suites impossible. The staff were very nice and eager to please, however we were told the 5th floor had recently been renovated and changed from a smoking floor to a non-smoking floor. The room was clean and comfortable but it was most definitely NOT a non-smoking room or floor. The manager/owner pointed out the no smoking sign on the dresser which was in conflict with the ashtray available in the kitchen. If you're a smoker, this is a decent place to stay - otherwise, stay away!

It was a short 15 min walk to the Metro and about a 45 min Metro ride into DC for sightseeing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debi W
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Debi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Springfield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have been to this location a twice on business. I must say that its in a nice area. Close to shopping and DC metro blue line. This trip I arrived at the hotel and was checked in by Alexis. She was wonderful! I had a issue with my corporate card and she was very helpful and gave them a call. She made something that could have been a enormous headache, a smooth and pain free experience. For that I owe her a million thank you's. The room was newly remodeled and felt very tranquil after long day of meetings. On my way in after my first day of long meetings I was expecting a fax. So I stopped by the desk, after standing there for a good 10 mins Margie pops out from the little front cubby they have. She says she didnt know I was standing there. Ok so I ask her about my fax that I had been expecting. She had a attitude and acted like I was bothering her. In the midst of her looking for my fax she answered her cell phone 2-3 times. So I told her to forget it. I figured it would still be there in the morning. I get up to my room and find that I needed clean towels. So now its about 10:30pm, I went down to the front desk. Where I found the front desk cage door closed and it was dark. I thought the office didnt close until 11pm. So I waited until morning to retrieve my fax and clean towels. Alexis was very apologetic for my previous night experience. Even though it really had nothing to do with her. Sat when I was checking out, I met a young man Abdul who also worked at the front desk. He was very helpful and very nice. I dont know much about operating a hotel, but I wouldnt keep someone as unprofessional and as rude as Margie working with customers. She could definitely use some classes in etiquette and professionalism in the work place. My job will send me back to this hotel again I'm sure. I can just hope that everyone in the future is as pleasant and as professional as Alexis and Abdul.

Room Tip: I prefer a King bed, on the 4th floor facing the front of the hotel. Nice sunlight and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LCharles2012
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Springfield, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Springfield. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Everything was pretty good and the attendant, Margie, proved very capable. She was able to handle a few customers ahead of me with great professionalism. The room was nice and clean and all the facilities were in working order. The soap smelled pretty nice, too. I would not recommend eating it, though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank hsdaga
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Springfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.