“Property is well kept and priced right.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Springfield

TownePlace Suites Springfield
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Property is well kept and priced right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We wanted a two bedroom suite on a long road trip and Townplace has become our "go to" provider for two bedroom suites. There were three TV's in the suite, one wasn't working properly, so I stopped at the front desk as we went out to eat, spoke to the Manager about it, and it was fixed by the time we got back from dinner. The room was very clean, the kitchen was spotless, the beds were comfy, and the A/C was cold and quiet.
The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. The parking lot was jammed which was expected for a Saturday in June, but it was well lit and seemed safe. The staff were all very friendly and attentive.
This is the second time I've stayed at this property, so I'll keep it on the list for the future. There is a Courtyard in this neighborhood which also is another very nice property. Very good location on the west side of metro DC. The highway ramps are only a two minute drive, and the signage is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leftome321
Shanda J, Manager at TownePlace Suites Springfield, responded to this review, February 3, 2016
We are truly glad that you chose to stay with us.We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all and I'm happy to read you felt comfortable and enjoyed our services during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love to stay at Marriott brand hotels. They always have the best staff. This facility has seen its day and could use a remodel or a good coat of paint at the very least. The place was clean, just a little run-down. I gave a poor rating for value because we were staying there while attending a soccer tournament. They housed our entire team. With a guarantee occupancy, you would think they would not feel the need to over charge. We were charged $159 per night. If I would have made reservations outside of the tournament, I would have paid $107 (we were forced to make reservations through the Virginia Elite Soccer Tournament). I do have a suggestion for Marriott: when offering a two bedroom suite, why don't you have at least one of the rooms furnished with 2 double beds? Your info says it sleeps 4, why would 2 couples share a hotel room and bath? It is obviously meant for a family. Why wouldn't you set it up for parents and children? A sleeper sofa should not be considered a bed as part of your advertisement for 4 people.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your review as well as your patronage.We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all and I'm happy to read you felt comfortable and enjoyed the services our team provided during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
East Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel with suites. I like having a little kitchenette and the room was comfortable if just slightly cramped around the bed. The room and bathroom were very clean. The shower had a nice round curtain rod for extra room and great water pressure (my favorite thing!). There wasn't another mirror in the room which makes it difficult for two people to get ready at the same time.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved that it was pet friendly. Our pup had a great time and other patrons were also very friendly. The outside lot was well lit for night time dog walks. The grounds were well manicured.

Breakfast was maybe a bit limited, but it was free so we were happy. Bagels, bread, hard boiled eggs and cereal.

And free wifi with a good signal!! Hard to beat that!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank beachpebbles47
Thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days in July and was pleasantly surprised. I'd never stayed at a TownePlace Suites so I wasn't sure what to expect. I may be rating this higher because I did not have raised expectactions but the room was big with a full kitchen and lots of other nice features. The staff was very friendly as well. I did not utilize the free breakfast so I can't comment on that. The location requires a car to get in and around. I would definitely stay here again. Great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vivetsandys
Thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites Springfield. We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all and I'm happy to read you felt comfortable and enjoyed our services during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Westbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a great hotel if you are visiting the DC area with family and kids. They're near many grocery stores and restaurants. There is a good Vietnamese restaurant directly across the street and their kitchens are well equipped for those with a budget.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are a best value if you have 4 or more adults.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pinayangel0809
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here with my dog and cat when I had to travel for business. It was a great hotel and very convenient to Ft. Belvoir. It was a last minute trip and they were very accommodating. It was very clean - especially as it was a pet friendly hotel. There are a lot of great restaurants close by as I have had a lot of business in the area and on this trip had my pets with me. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nelsonml
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all and I'm happy to read you felt comfortable and enjoyed the services our team provided during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Rooms are nice and accommodating. Have full kitchens with stoves and dishwashers. Double rooms are separate bedrooms. Parking is ample and free. Guest services are excellent. Very helpful. Complementary breakfast is simple and not great. No real hot food other than toast and waffles. Bedding needs thicker comforters in winter/early spring months. Guest laundry on site. 24/hr simple workout center. Interstate could be a little loud. Although I did sleep during the day. More traffic. Overall good place to stay. Would recommended here

• Stayed March 2013